Creating a Pedalboard Moveable Between Presets?

Is there any way to take a fairly simple AXE Effects String and make it moveable to other presets?

TS808->RAT->MXR Phase ->Amp

Scenes won't get me there because they include the amp & cab. I want to move the virtual pedalboard from preset to preset, just like plugging a real pedalboard into different real amps.

Anyone out there know of a way?

Thanks,
Stan M

To setup a similar layout of blocks, just save a "template preset" some place on your unit and start your patches from the template preset.

But, do you want changes you make to say the TS808 in one patch to be reflected in all patches that use the the template preset? If you do, you want to use global blocks: Global Blocks - Axe-Fx II Wiki

These let you set up your blocks so a change to a block in one patch is reflected across all patches that also use that block attached to the same global settings.

Ian,

Looks like I need to learn about Global Blocks and set up a Preset Template.

I do want the TS808/Rat/MXR 90 to be applied to all Presets that I create from this template.

Now my question becomes is can I copy just the amp & cab and their setting from one preset to another. I like the amp tone from many of the factory presets and just want to put my Global Block Pedalboard in front of them to create a new Preset.

Thanks Again Ian!

The easiest way to copy block settings for your amp and cabs between presets is to use Axe-Edit and save them in the block library. Then you can just call them up in to presets that use your template and you're good to rock and roll.

Sounds like it would easier for me to just use Axe-Edit and piece together the effects/amp/cab I want and create a new Presets.

I got real lost reading about Global Blocks, way too much for a Newbie like me!

In 1 day I have be become a BIG fan of Axe-Edit, very powerful & very easy to use.

Reactions: sam
I think doing all this with Axe-Edit is a great idea! Happy to hear you're digging it!

With the axe front page select any preset. Push the page button once to get to the next tab. There you have the copy block function. You can copy any block from any preset into your current preset.

i think that's what Iaresee meant. There's no such thing as a dedicated Template Preset in the AxeFx, so I think he means an ordinary preset you fill with your "pedalboard", then you just copy it to other locations and copy blocks from other presets into it.

That's about the simplest it gets.

Back
Top Bottom