• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish "Created" and "Last Updated" Timestamps on each Preset (AX8Edit)

geetarplayer

Inspired
It would be very handy to see, in AXE8Edit, for each preset (ok, why not for each scene?) a:
- timestamp of creation
- timestamp of last edit

I end up making copies of presets and editing them, and eventually I have 2 or 3 of them with the same name, and I don't know which one I last touched (and thus is likely the best and the one I should continue with). Yes, I could clean up after myself as I go, but that takes commitment and discipline. Having these timestamps would make easy work of cleanup, later.

chris

Legend!
does your computer Explorer/Finder have the Date Created, Modified, etc. just in your folders?

philipacamaniac

Fractal Fanatic
I mark every gigging preset with a symbol to associate it with a specific firmware version and a specific date that I made a major update to my template or settings. It functions as a datestamp and as a reference for which presets need to be updated.

I reserve one bank as a “legend” that reminds me which symbol is for which firmware / template update, so that legend bank looks something like this:

“@ = 20170705 9.02”
“# = 20180201 9.04”

and a preset looks like:

“Master DC30 Rig #”

geetarplayer

Inspired
I'm asking for it to be in AX8Edit. You look at a preset, and on the screen (or from a menu) somewhere are the timestamps. Not talking about something on the laptop hard drive using Explorer et al. Is there a place where that is stored, separated out by preset named and such that one could look at? That would be a workaround, even if cumbersome.

Top Bottom