Crazy glue for finger repair?

.. I sliced the tip of my fingering hand ring finger while cutting some food yesterday ...

nbw4g.jpg

At any rate, go for the New Skin, that stuff works magic. Crazy glue is more of a "sealant" for immediate smaller wounds, not an actual repair agent. Glad the audition went well!

Working solution

This happened to me earlier this month: cut across the tip of my third finger just where the string runs. At rehearsal the string kept getting stuck in the cut. With two gigs to go over the weekend I started researching. Apparently normal cyano acrylic glue heats on setting, and can burn the skin, whereas surgical doesn't. I tried the hospital. They said that cyanoacrylic glue dries hard, and would tear away from the skin when bending. Instead they told me to put a strip of micropore tape around the finger tip, just tight enough to support the flesh, and a strip over the top to cover the cut. On the Friday night I was replacing the tape every couple of numbers. On Saturday I put plastic skin over the wound itself. There are two type of plastic skin, nitro and polyurethane. Both are varnishes. I chose nitro. This and the supporting tape worked well

Just super glue it next time. I used to do this constantly back in my rock climbing days. Pretty much the only option when you are a few pitches up with more to go. I'd imagine the strain on the wound while leading a 5.12+ is more than would be incurred while bending strings ;)

Of course, as others have pointed out, only works for clean slices. If there are any tears or rips around the cut it still may not hold. Nothing to worry about medically as long as you don't get much inside under the skin. Again, already noted previously.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom