Crashing and loosing/resetting all set preferences (midi mapping, I/O settings etc)

unFILTERed

Power User
This is my 2nd day with the new Axe FX 3, love it and all the added features and power is more than enough for any crazy fx loaded, complex routed preset you can come up with.

As i was trying to program my Liquid Foot+ i ended up having this issue:

I was trying to attach a modifier to wah block's control parameter, as i scroll through the modifier options all of a sudden axe makes a weird noise, and starts clipping the output. Also some stuff go crazy on the screen. (photo is attached).

I attached the preset i was working on but same problem occurs also with factory presets. After this error/crash when i restart the axe sometimes all the settings go back to factory settings. Though this doesnt happen every time.

And it happens regardless if the Liquid Foot+ is connected or not. I am on firmware 1.04. Dont know if it matters or not but right now i am using the Spdif out from axe into my Uad Apollo interface, its being also externaly clocked by the Apollo.IMG_1129.JPG

Attachments

• HIWATT.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
can you try without the external clocking just to eliminate some things?

same, though it didnt crash the very first time i tried with internal clocking. But next couple of tries it crashed. Chris can you load the attached preset, go to wah block and try to attach a modifier, quickly scroll up and down the modifier options...thats exactly when i get this error.

This is my 2nd day with the new Axe FX 3, love it and all the added features and power is more than enough for any crazy fx loaded, complex routed preset you can come up with.

As i was trying to program my Liquid Foot+ i ended up having this issue:

I was trying to attach a modifier to wah block's control parameter, as i scroll through the modifier options all of a sudden axe makes a weird noise, and starts clipping the output. Also some stuff go crazy on the screen. (photo is attached).

I attached the preset i was working on but same problem occurs also with factory presets. After this error/crash when i restart the axe sometimes all the settings go back to factory settings. Though this doesnt happen every time.

And it happens regardless if the Liquid Foot+ is connected or not. I am on firmware 1.04. Dont know if it matters or not but right now i am using the Spdif out from axe into my Uad Apollo interface, its being also externaly clocked by the Apollo.View attachment 45887
@chris I know we ID'd the wah-modifiy issue earlier in the week...maybe this is a related issue...?

This was the issue where the Wah could not be assigned a modifier...I was thinking since this has something to do with the function of the block it may have some relation...since he is trying also to attach a modifier to this block...

This was the issue where the Wah could not be assigned a modifier...I was thinking since this has something to do with the function of the block it may have some relation...since he is trying also to attach a modifier to this block...
I think these are not related, but I’ll keep it in mind. Thanks.

i can recreate this error over and over. no midi device, USB cable etc is attached to axe. it starts freaking out when i get to external 12.
all 16 external controllers are mapped to "none" under midi mapping settings. and some of them still change the value-state of the parameter even though they are not mapped and no external controller-pedal is attached.

edit/update: i think has nothing to do with ext 12, happens also with other modifiers. but happens only with parameters which have a knob to adjust. with parameters like "bypass", "bright" etc which only go between on and off state, i cant replicate the problem.

Last edited:
Disconnect the USB and see if it still occurs. Maybe something on your computer is sending some funky MIDI data.

all 16 external controllers are mapped to "none" under midi mapping settings. and some of them still change the value-state of the parameter even though they are not mapped and no external controller-pedal is attached.
i believe i've isolated this bit, and i don't think affects the bug.

i've been adding modifiers to everything and anything for the past 2 hours straight. i can't get it to go wrong. i need to stop for now, it's my day off :) will revisit.

Back
Top Bottom