cpu overload

mgavin

Experienced
I overloaded the cpu for the first time and this message kept flashing on and off saying to decrease the load and it froze the unit momentarily. i had to switch the preset back and forth to get it to go away and work normally again.

it happened while i was playing and turning through various delays fairly quickly. the preset i'm using is using about 58-59% cpu load just by itself.

just wondering if this is normally what happens when you over load the cpu- the screen flashes at you, and you just need to switch presets back and forth?

i've only clipped the output in the past, which never kind of froze the unit up momentarily. anyways, not that big of a deal, just curious.

thanks y'all

Its what happens on my Standard.

Only on one patch and only when I turn cab sims on (which isnt often). I have to turn one of my drive blocks into a shunt to compensate. Hoping not to run into this problem with the two as its WAY more powerfull.

usually you can remove the effect and it will stop, but going to another preset works as well. Some of the different types of delay use more/less processing. Also attaching modifiers to some parameters can increase processing.

Q - is there much of a difference in indicated CPU between a preset with and without audio running through it?

Happens all the time to me with my ultra - I'm ALWAYS maxing out that poor CPU! Lol!

Just switch a preset or something to get out of it. Always try to stay below 95%. With the II, it should not be as easy to max out the CPU tho.

IIRC, there was a post recently (by De Gennaro maybe? I could be wrong tho) addressing the different "loadability" (?) of the I and II. The result was that the more demanding new FX algorithms in the II do not allow the FX CPU to be loaded with so many more blocks than the Ultra. Someone remember this?

Back
Top Bottom