COVID-19 - How Do You Plan To Pass Time During Isolation?

Apologies for the cable mess - just moved to setup to the living room to have easy access.

Attachments

• 4BA33F8F-2384-4C46-9EE0-359A1F6D667D.jpeg
    4BA33F8F-2384-4C46-9EE0-359A1F6D667D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
I'd imagine even at home, I'll still have to work. Other than that, it'll be nice to have a guitar at hand for breaks.

I also got a new 65" OLED TV, still in the box, so probably enjoy that some.

None of that matters though, since unless some decree locking down this area comes through, I'll still have to come into work. We did send home all the high risk people today though. There were talks about having them come back once a week for meetings, but that's just stupid. I think they're out for the foreseeable future.

Trying to get back into sims after a long hiatus. Do you recommend P3D or X-Plane 11? Looking to primarily aim on civilian jet with add ons.
X-Plane for sure. It’s really good. P3D is just FSX in another wrapper, which is BS. I’d skip on principle alone. Wait for the new MSFS if you’re gonna go that route. I’m a DCS guy, so the civ stuff doesn’t do it for me anymore.

Last edited:
Funny, I just had this discussion with my girls on this. I want them to think up a 'project' while we're cooped up. It does not necessarily need to be a 'self improvement' deal. Just something to focus on to pass the time.

My plan:
-Work (both the down and up side of being a techie is that I can do it anywhere.)
-Play Piano (and guitar to a lesser extent...I'm taking Piano lessons so I can actually play something worthwhile.)
-Learn Python (I'm pretty ready to leave my present job, and think I might like to dive into development.)
-Learn Spanish.
-Exercise on my home elliptical.

I'm working remotely from home. I am also getting some great practice time in. My gigs are all cancelled, so it's easy to focus on metronome / technique studies. Also, working on some new material.

Learning iOS programming.

There’s definitely money to be made developing iOS apps!

Well I hope the government decides to shut down my workplace. Then I'll be at home working, playing guitar over my AXE FX and finally get some sleep again.

More guitar and sleep is good.

Work, work, work.

Are you working from home?

Practicing guitar, and I also have a number of songs that have been waiting (for too long) for finishing touches like solos.

Also catching up on lots of movies and shows, but mostly avoiding news and hype. Just want to know enough to know what's going on.

Same here.

Oh and I will be practicing guitar as I am in my 50’s prolly more on my right hand finger style and picking as well as I still learning my instruments 😎

My picking hand is where I need more work. I’ve been spending a considerable amount of time on it lately and I’m already seeing results.

Learning this

My favorite song on that album. Post a video of your progress!

Also cleaning and prepping my motorcycles in case a nice day occurs.

I wish I still had a bike. That would definitely help pass the time.

Apologies for the cable mess - just moved to setup to the living room to have easy access.

That’s about what my living room currently looks like.

LOL Slowly getting skeletal....

I’m really trying to ration my food. I’ll probably lose a few pounds by the time this is over with.

I'd imagine even at home, I'll still have to work. Other than that, it'll be nice to have a guitar at hand for breaks.

I also got a new 65" OLED TV, still in the box, so probably enjoy that some.

None of that matters though, since unless some decree locking down this area comes through, I'll still have to come into work. We did send home all the high risk people today though. There were talks about having them come back once a week for meetings, but that's just stupid. I think they're out for the foreseeable future.

I don’t think I’ll be going in any time soon.

Funny, I just had this discussion with my girls on this. I want them to think up a 'project' while we're cooped up. It does not necessarily need to be a 'self improvement' deal. Just something to focus on to pass the time.

My plan:
-Work (both the down and up side of being a techie is that I can do it anywhere.)
-Play Piano (and guitar to a lesser extent...I'm taking Piano lessons so I can actually play something worthwhile.)
-Learn Python (I'm pretty ready to leave my present job, and think I might like to dive into development.)
-Learn Spanish.
-Exercise on my home elliptical.

👍🏻

Good lord, how do you convince those sausage fingers to move that fast!

I don’t think he’s human.

i Panicked stocked vodka btw, hence my drunk posting 😀

😂

I’m going to go in a diet and loose some weight.

The no fucking money for food diet.

😂

I'm working remotely from home. I am also getting some great practice time in. My gigs are all cancelled, so it's easy to focus on metronome / technique studies. Also, working on some new material.

Yeah, I’ve dusted my metronome off. My timing could use some work.

Working on another deadlift PR. Previous PR is 525LB, set a couple of years ago.

Work for the coming 10 days, then I'll slowly have to get to partial unemployment; no customers and no suppliers and all construction sites closed down. It surely will be the occasion to work on guitar techniques and dig a bit more my axe fx II as the FM3 will not be available for a long time here I guess.

Well I hope the government decides to shut down my workplace. Then I'll be at home working, playing guitar over my AXE FX and finally get some sleep again.

Shutdown done. Nearly two months home office. I'got sick, but it's more likely a common cold. I'm taking my temperature every hour, normal range, no increase. Still staying at home, just to be on the safe side.

Shutdown done. Nearly two months home office. I'got sick, but it's more likely a common cold. I'm taking my temperature every hour, normal range, no increase. Still staying at home, just to be on the safe side.

I’ve been battling a sinus infection for well over a month now, so my immune system probably isn’t the best at the moment. I’ve been staying in the house unless I need groceries or some supplies.

• My garage is getting cleaner and more organized by the day
  • Our kitchen pantry is now cleaned out and highly organized
  • Refrigerator has been GI’d
  • My guitar collection is in the process of being restrung/cleaned/polished/oiled, etc
  • Have started re-organizing/re-configuring/re-thinking my Axe III/FC setup (something I have long wanted to do)
  • Doing tech work and coding for my wife’s political campaign
  • More play time with my cats
  • Working off that “honey do” list around the house
  • Playing guitar a lot more

• My garage is getting cleaner and more organized by the day
  • Our kitchen pantry is now cleaned out and highly organized
  • Refrigerator has been GI’d
  • My guitar collection is in the process of being restrung/cleaned/polished/oiled, etc
  • Have started re-organizing/re-configuring/re-thinking my Axe III/FC setup (something I have long wanted to do)
  • Doing tech work and coding for my wife’s political campaign
  • More play time with my cats
  • Working off that “honey do” list around the house
  • Playing guitar a lot more

That’s quite a list! I think everyone should have a spotless and organized house after this is all over with. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom