COVID-19 - How Do You Plan To Pass Time During Isolation?

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
Given the current situation, many restaurants and businesses are closed, events have been postponed or cancelled, and many of us have began to prepare for the long haul. Other than work, and daily chores, I'm just curious what everyone is doing to pass time while this all unfolds. I live in a pretty rural area, and until the weather breaks and I can get outside to cycle and run, I've committed to staying home. Personally, between catching up on TV shows and movies, I have decided to work on my guitar technique, specifically my picking picking hand. I spent some significant time developing my economy picking technique a few years back and have decided to really focus on developing it further.

Today, I transcribed this video, recently posted by Rick Graham, and will use this as one of my many exercises to further improve my economy picking:

So how about you? How have or do you plan to pass time during isolation?

Finishing and mixing a lot of songs that were “left behind”.
And not looking at tv or news. Just locked inside my home on the Alps with my family. 14 days are already gone and 14 have to come before somebody will tell us what next steps will be.

Finishing and mixing a lot of songs that were “left behind”.
And not looking at tv or news. Just locked inside my home on the Alps with my family. 14 days are already gone and 14 have to come before somebody will tell us what next steps will be.

Excellent idea! I can't even begin to guess how many ideas and riffs that haven't made it from my Voice Notes or Music Memo apps.

I was considering starting up a looting business.

Nah .., as it happens I managed to mangle myself in a car-smash on New Year’s Day and am only recently out of hospital to come home and finish recuperation. So 2 broken ankles and heels have me well isolated for another 6 weeks - guess I’ll just have to play guitar! 😏

I was considering starting up a looting business.

:tearsofjoy:

Nah .., as it happens I managed to mangle myself in a car-smash on New Year’s Day and am only recently out of hospital to come home and finish recuperation. So 2 broken ankles and heels have me well isolated for another 6 weeks - guess I’ll just have to play guitar! 😏

Damn dude! Sending some mojo your way for a speedy recovery. Definitely a good opportunity to play more guitar!

Practicing guitar, and I also have a number of songs that have been waiting (for too long) for finishing touches like solos.

Also catching up on lots of movies and shows, but mostly avoiding news and hype. Just want to know enough to know what's going on.

Mostly praying to The Lord that He Will Help those in the medical field to finding a vaccine for all the others and families that have been affected and impacted by this
and to stay clam
and not to listen to news over and over which is not helping others at all this just make people panic more and more

Also around here me and wife while washing our hands sing to our self happy birthday and after song is sung then we wash with water
God Bless to All please stay safe 😉

Oh and I will be practicing guitar as I am in my 50’s prolly more on my right hand finger style and picking as well as I still learning my instruments 😎

Guitar, flight sims, anime.
I just installed Windoze 10 on my new MacPro which in Boot Camp turns this puppy into a screaming gamer/flight sim maybe even VR PC ( I hope)..looking for suggestions beyond the obvious MFS X for Steam, which is downloading now, I consider myself a novice though Ive dabbled over the years.....thanks

A bit of hope here in Australia. A team at university of Queensland have hit upon two already available drugs that can treat the virus. One is a anti malaria drug and the other used to treat HIV. The early results are very promising. Trials on 2000 corona infected patients will go ahead from next week across a number of hospitals throughout Australia. The results will be in within 3 months. Because the drugs are already approved drugs, the rollout can happen quickly. The issue is whether the drugs should be used individually or in combination.

Back
Top Bottom