Couple of preset Questions

pneil2

Inspired
Well, I programmed the Ax8 yesterday and played with it this morning. Sounded great and greatly reduced the amount of stuff I had to haul :). Definitely a win-win! Next, band practice on Wed. Questions:

Is there a list of the stock AX8 presets somewhere?

Also, is there a quick way to spin through the presets? I like being able to browse through them on the XL, but haven't found any simple, fast way to flip through them on the AX8.

Thx.

Is there a list of the stock AX8 presets somewhere?

Also, is there a quick way to spin through the presets? I like being able to browse through them on the XL, but haven't found any simple, fast way to flip through them on the AX8.
i don't think there is a list, but maybe someone can screen shot their AX8-Edit view for you. have you tried using AX8-Edit with a computer yet? it might give you exactly what you're looking for.

as for the quick way to spin through presets, i don't know what you mean when you say you like being able to browse through them on the XL, but the fastest way to change presets on the AX8 is to spin the B knob. B for "Bresets" is how i remember, C for Scenes.

my Beginner's Guide for the AX8 video is available for purchase and explains things like this, as well as footswitches, menus, navigation, etc. available here if you're interested https://axefxtutorials.selz.com/item/ax8-bg

I think I downloaded a jpg of the presets from here. Do a search in the AX8 discussion area. I'm not at my computer or I'd upload it.

Thx. I ask because I may have overwritten a preset I wanted and I'm trying to figure out what it was :)

the fastest way to change presets on the AX8 is to spin the B knob. B for "Bresets" is how i remember, C for Scenes.

You see , the "Breast" way to remember presets are changed with the B knob , is to remember C is for Scenes , therefore eliminating C as a viable choice , which will then remind you that the knob beside it , "B" , can be used to form the word "Bresets".
...at least that's what I did at first. NOW I know the B knob changes presets. ( not "Bresets" )

Thx. I ask because I may have overwritten a preset I wanted and I'm trying to figure out what it was :)
Download the presets from Fractal's website. They come as a single bank file. Then pull up that bank file in AX8-Edit, using Axe-Manage. Then use the Auto-Audition feature to spin through them.

Or just use Axe-Manage to load them into your AX8 all at once.

Ah, found it. USA IIC+ (and a couple others). Found the list on the wiki and pulled them from the initial backup I did when I got the unit. Thx all.

Back
Top Bottom