Countdown 0.5...

the UAD card is a big dongle.

I would not mind at all if Axe-PC came bundled with it's own DSP card/firewire box, needed a UAD or powercore or something like that if that is what it takes to prevent copying. I'd very very much dislike it if it required internet connectivity for some "phone home" copy control though. TigerSHARC on a PCIe card? Yes please!

S.R.

i just got a reply from g66 about my order (axe fx ultra). they basically said that the countdown would be the update of my order.
so this tells me the following: (+the delivery waiting)

- its going to be a new AxeFx Ultra product (2nd generation) which replaces the old existing models
- so its not going to be another product (why should they tell me that this would be a update of my order??)
- idk if its going to be more powerful (because its already using the fastest processor) but prob it will have more options..e.g. more memory, prob USB connector
- and prob same size
- i also do assume that there is going to be a firmware update with that--> also new firmware updates will be avaible for 1st generation users

just assumptions and just three days left ;)

Last edited:
Great. :p

The update will be available to old customers against money?
(if there is one necessary for the software...)

I bet these are news algorythms, perhaps a new FAS chip for the embedded routines.

Last edited:
i just got a reply from g66 about my order (axe fx ultra). they basically said that the countdown would be the update of my order.

- its going to be a new AxeFx Ultra product (2nd generation) which replaces the old existing models
- so its not going to be another product (why should they tell me that this would be a update of my order??)
- idk if its going to be more powerful (because its already using the fastest processor) but prob it will have more options..e.g. more memory, prob USB connector
- and prob same size
- i also do assume that there is going to be a firmware update with that--> also new firmware updates will be avaible for 1st generation users

So probably there will be a rev.2 for both Standard and Ultra (USB, headphone jack, more cab slots etc...), maybe with a new firmware also for old users.

Last edited:

- and prob same size

Interesting. The answer from G66 has definitely left a lot of room for interpretation. I just got a B-Stock Ultra yesterday. If it is the 2nd gen Ultra, I bet a lot of 1st gen Ultras will hit eBay or this forum.

Interesting. The answer from G66 has definitely left a lot of room for interpretation. I just got a B-Stock Ultra yesterday. If it is the 2nd gen Ultra, I bet a lot of 1st gen Ultras will hit eBay or this forum.

Yes, and ordering time for the new one will be 6+ months.

Done.
images

I have had my Axe FX for a little over a year, so I was not around here when the Ultra's first came out.

But I thought I read somewhere that when the ultra's initially came out that you could send you Standard in to be updated to an ultra. You of course had to pay the difference but it was still cheaper then buying a stand alone ultra.

If it is an updated ultra and the features are worth it to me (and upgrading is an option) I would probably pay the extra dough (within reason) to have mine upgraded.

I have had my Axe FX for a little over a year, so I was not around here when the Ultra's first came out.

But I thought I read somewhere that when the ultra's initially came out that you could send you Standard in to be updated to an ultra. You of course had to pay the difference but it was still cheaper then buying a stand alone ultra.

If it is an updated ultra and the features are worth it to me (and upgrading is an option) I would probably pay the extra dough (within reason) to have mine upgraded.

In the end the upgrade was not possible.

In the end the upgrade was not possible.

Ahhh,

Then that would probably be the case now as well.

Well, in 4 days I'll know if the gear in this room I keep eying for the potential chopping block will survive or go towards the purchase of the new Fractal Juicer.

The question is : What Cliff could do to improve his own guitar tone ? Something that deserves a countdown and it won't be a letdown .. an axe-lite ? A poweramp ? An antimatter reactor ? Naaaah ..

If it is the 2nd gen Ultra, I bet a lot of 1st gen Ultras will hit eBay or this forum.

Yes, and ordering time for the new one will be 6+ months.

if it is a new axe-fx, the resale value of 1st gen units would most likely drop immediately then stabilize. since a lot of us wouldn't want to be without some version of the axe-fx for any long period of time, the rate at which the 1st gen units show up ebay would likely track the rate of production / sale of the new units.

i.e. if it is indeed a new axe-fx, it doesn't seem there would be any real upside in selling your current axe-fx until you have the new one in your hands.

Back
Top Bottom