Could someone help me achieve that wide stereo sound?

Hello:

I am looking to get that wide stereo sound heard in the presets in this vid:

Every time I try to use 2 cabs and pan them L/R, it does not end up sounding wide. I've tried hard panning them, lowering the volume on one cab, and also panning to 9 and 3 o clock, but it always just ends up sounding centered

Is there something I am missing to achieve such a sound?

Thank you for any help

Hello:

Every time I try to use 2 cabs and pan them L/R, it does not end up sounding wide. I've tried hard panning them, lowering the volume on one cab, and also panning to 9 and 3 o clock, but it always just ends up sounding centered

Thank you for any help

Try the Enhancer block with the Stereoizer effect.

Hello:

Thank you for any help

is your output set to Stereo in Setup? are you using 2 speakers?

Make sure you're using cabs that aren't too similar sounding. He's got one darker one on the left and a brighter one on the right, even when he switched cabs. The closer they are together in sound, the more mono it'll end up sounding.

Try the Enhancer block with the Stereoizer effect.
Hey thank you. I did actually have an Enhancer included with Stereoizer, but I noticed I had the depth and Width pretty low. I turned them up a bit and it did help a tad, thanks

is your output set to Stereo in Setup? are you using 2 speakers?
Yes it's set to Stereo, and yeah two 6.5 inch monitors

God that sounds good
I know, I really like some of the tones he got there. Even having the cabs and amp listed though, I just can't seem to get that sound he achieved.

I can play a few of of the riffs nearly as good as him too, otherwise I would think it was just a skill thing

Make sure you're using cabs that aren't too similar sounding. He's got one darker one on the left and a brighter one on the right, even when he switched cabs. The closer they are together in sound, the more mono it'll end up sounding.

Gotcha thanks! I will be sure to try this

I was also thinking, do you know if it is possible to slightly detune one cab? I was thinking this may create a wider sound too, but I did not see an tuning setting anywhere. Probably not, but just figured I would ask

Detune one side a tiny bit and add about 30ms delay to it. For a little “watery” width make the delay wiggle about slightly between 28-33ms, adjust values to taste.

Panning identical signal one L the other one R won’t make it stereo. If this is the case, use different IRs/cabs or that there is something changing the signal or delaying one before the cab block or output.

Check FM3 factory presets 37 (scene 3) and 63 (scene 3). You can load these in the Axe-Fx III.

Hello:

Thank you for any help

Hi, two presets ; The "CC Mimic" is the Mimic pedal rendition by Cooper Carter.
The "Fx Dual Tracks" use Bakerman's magic in scene 1, a classic Haas's effect with the enhancer in scene 2
and the 7ms 's petrucci Haas Fx with delay in scene 3. ;-)

Attachments

• CC Mimic Petrucci.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 48
  • FX Dual Tracks.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 45
Hello:

Thank you for any help

Did you record 2 separate guitar tracks or just duplicate them? If duplicated just nudge one track to either the left or right a little, as was mentioned in another reply.

Yes, record 2 separate guitar tracks of the same performance. Use a slightly different set up on each track.(Different EQ or amp and cab combo). Pan them until you get the separation you want. If the video is a representation of a single pre-set, I would consider that slightly disingenuous. If not, a great example of overdubbing. Nice sound either way.

Last edited:

This is a demo of YA IRs I made a few months back. Basically a Tele to INPUT to AMP to CAB to DELAY to OUTPUT. I'm looking for the preset-I can share everything but the IRs. There's a bit more going on here than I recalled.
Scene 1 is ROW 3 and Scene 2 is ROW 4.
The first example is no delay and a pair cabs that are slightly panned.
The second example is the same sound with the delay added.
The third example is the amp/cab from Row 4. One cab panned in the center.
The fourth example is Row 4 with the delay added.
The Delay has the Phase reversed on the Right side to provide the wide stereo spread. 9ms is my usual, however, increasing the delay increases some of the fun effects of phase cancellation.

Attachments

• IR SAMPLER 2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom