Could someone help me achieve that wide stereo sound?

That's double tracked, but I feel the best way to get a wide image is to use two amps (either the same, similar or different - each will have it's pro's and con's) and set them slightly differently. Then, make sure you pan the amps L/R and make sure your cab block input is set to stereo and the cabs are panned L/R.

I’ve tried a couple of methods. Pitch block Mimiq settings from Cooper, 8ms delay trick, enhancer. What I think gave me best results is:
-cab block with two different IRs from the same “pack” i.e. one with 57 and one with 121;
-bump the proximity on one cab to 1.00, 2.00 on the other;
- enhancer - classic mode - width 100%, to my surprise, gave great results.

This method gave me the most width without sounding too phasey.

I can't believe I didn't catch that! Damn! I listened to it specifically looking for a second track! Too funny.
Yeah, he did a really good job tracking. Years ago I bought a full set of ir's from a vendor. There online samples sounded incredible. Loaded them up and, meh. Finally realizing the samples were double tracked impeccably. Now, I'm much wiser.

To the OP, all the advice received should get you close. Try them all and find which you like the best. The Enhancer works great without getting phasey.

Check out andy wood on youtube. How to get that 90s EVH tone. He shows a pretty cool trick with mono delay blocks and detuning to get that fat wet/dry/wet effect. Personally I use the delay blocks in parallel and a reverb block in series directly above/below the delay. Also the modern enhancer block. I'm not going for the EVH thing so I omit the detune.

This is double tracked. Albeit, very well. You can hear the 2 parts get ever so slightly out of synch at 3:08, one side misses the flutter.

Ah, duh I should have known this, thanks for the clarification. I figured it was too good to be true for a live sound.

Hi, two presets ; The "CC Mimic" is the Mimic pedal rendition by Cooper Carter.
The "Fx Dual Tracks" use Bakerman's magic in scene 1, a classic Haas's effect with the enhancer in scene 2
and the 7ms 's petrucci Haas Fx with delay in scene 3. ;-)
Awesome thank you! Will be trying these out tomorrow when I get set up

Not sure if this helps, but I think he's double-tracking the guitars. There's a low F# bend (1:42) in which you can hear that there's more than 1 guitar track, at least to my ears. Maybe you already knew that and are looking for a way to recreate that effect in the Axe. If so, I'm not sure how to do that.

True double tracking will always sound wider since the two signals are completely unique. Pretty much no amount of delay, pitch, or EQ tricks will give you a completely unique second signal the way a separate take can. Pedals like the Mimic are pretty cool for sure, but true double tracking will always sound more natural and distinct.

True double tracking will always sound wider since the two signals are completely unique. Pretty much no amount of delay, pitch, or EQ tricks will give you a completely unique second signal the way a separate take can. Pedals like the Mimic are pretty cool for sure, but true double tracking will always sound more natural and distinct.
This +1

Use this in your daw - pretty nice and its free :) put it on your guitar track

Infected Mushroom Wider

https://polyversemusic.com/products/wider/
I’ve tried them all, including this one. I prefer the one from Izotope. They work best on a stereo mix bus to do M/S processing to make a signal that is already stereo a bit wider. But to get a double tracked sound, Mr Fender is right, there is no substitute for recording two tight takes, panned left and right.

I dont know if this will help but there is a great preset in the AXE FX III called Ubber Chugga 2 ... I have great results , just tweaking the amp models in the patch and adding various effects... It is already a pretty nice wide sou8nding patch

Let me share one of my tricks, although a non conventional one. Put the Enhancer BEFORE two amps in parallel. Each amp having its own cabs, panned hard left/hard right. Set input on left for one amp, right for the other.

Back
Top Bottom