Copying Preset blocks you like into the block library - I'm stumped

EDIT: to help me TRY to solve this issue. From London, UK, goodnight and god bless.
@Lee Servis I noticed in one of your previous post you have saved amps outside of your amplifier folder. Assuming that folder is correctly mapped as per your preferences via Axe Edit , they should be in that folder so Axe -Edit can see them. Try that and see if you see them after you put the amps in the amp folder.

Aaaaaah, Mr Fender.... I had noticed that little cloud - an icon I have only ever seen once before - and think you could have a point, but as I'm sure you've gathered, I'm not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to anything binary code related.

@Lee Servis I noticed in one of your previous post you have saved amps outside of your amplifier folder. Assuming that folder is correctly mapped as per your preferences via Axe Edit , they should be in that folder so Axe -Edit can see them. Try that and see if you see them after you put the amps in the amp folder.
Yea I saw those cloud icons also and deleted my comment because I thought it was a MAC thing. I saw the arrow was facing down, that through me off.

Mr rhummellh.... now that could also be a good point. I'll do that and see what happens - but you've completely lost me when it comes to the folder being correctly mapped as per my preferences via FM3 Edit. I didn't realised I had to map folders etc. Hmmmmmm.

Mr rhummellh.... now that could also be a good point. I'll do that and see what happens - but you've completely lost me when it comes to the folder being correctly mapped as per my preferences via FM3 Edit. I didn't realised I had to map folders etc. Hmmmmmm.
No don't do that!

Can you show me a snapshot of your Settings- Preferences - Workspace - Library Browse Path first? From AXE EDIT

Control click the folders that have the little cloud icon and choose Download Now. I think that cloud with the down arrow means it's currently available online only, which might explain why the Editor can't find them correctly.
I don't think he has it mapped properly he has cabs in amps etc

I popped all those amp 'docs' INTO the amplifier folder, but no different - no amps showing up in library... but that iCloud icon with 'waiting to upload' message next to it is still there. Maybe this IS the problem??? Any other Mac users experienced anything similar?

The 'waiting to upload' is actually written beneath the empty Cabs folder. The little arrow icon is just below the Amp folder.

I use Mac. In your documents folder do you see FM3 and FM3 Edit Folders? With in the FM3 Edit folder do you see Blocks and Presets folders?

When saving blocks is the path going to the FM3 Block Folder?

Edit: I do not have the Cloud icons anywhere.

Sorry rhummell, I'd have no idea how to send you such a snapshot. Well I know how to do the 'snapshot' I just wouldn't know where to find the Settings-Preferences- etc. I'll have a look n FM3 Edit - hopefully, it's obvious

Here's a pic of where you can find what your Library path is and probably defaulted to unless something maybe be changed. Please reply back with your path so we can look at it.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 13
Hello Hanuman, yes I do see all those folders - in that order - but the Fractal Audio/ FM3 Edit/ Amps folders ALL have the little cloud icon

Sorry rhummell, I'd have no idea how to send you such a snapshot. Well I know how to do the 'snapshot' I just wouldn't know where to find the Settings-Preferences- etc. I'll have a look n FM3 Edit - hopefully, it's obvious
I know on Window it is Cont-Alt Del, dont know on MAC

A cloud icon with a down arrow means your file or folder is synced and online-only until it is opened. “Online-only” means that you'll need to be connected to the internet to initially open this file or folder. Once opened, this file or folder will become available in the desktop app to be opened at any time. It is tied to some service like drop box or One Drive or something

Hello Hanuman, yes I do see all those folders - in that order - but the Fractal Audio/ FM3 Edit/ Amps folders ALL have the little cloud icon
OK. In the Settings tab on the Editor, click Preferences, go to Workspace. What is the path for Library?

Edit: Also, do you have the iCloud Sync turned on your Mac?

Back
Top Bottom