Copying configuration from one MFC to another...

guitarjim

Experienced
I've never tried to do this. Actually, I've never tried to hook my MFC up via FractalBot yet. Is this simply a matter of pulling the configuration from the MFC and copying it to the 2nd unit?

Yup. Save via Fractal-Bot, restore to second MFC via Fractal-Bot.

You can even dump directly from one to another via MIDI if you don't want to involve a computer in the middle.

Yup. Save via Fractal-Bot, restore to second MFC via Fractal-Bot.

You can even dump directly from one to another via MIDI if you don't want to involve a computer in the middle.

Is there a process documented for doing it without a computer? I don't see it in the manual. I'm guessing 9v power to both units, Midi out of source to Midi in of destination. Use firmware update boot procedure on destination, but how do I tell the source MFC to transmit the config to the second?

It looks like this no longer works between an MK II and and MK III? I tried the process but it looks like some of the patches copied in, but IAs 6 - 10 aren't functioning properly. Can someone at FAS comment?

IAs need to be reset to previous values, they may changes during upgrade. II syx files cannot be loaded on III at this time, working on conversion tool... If you send me you MKII dump file I can send you one to try on MKIIi

IAs need to be reset to previous values, they may changes during upgrade. II syx files cannot be loaded on III at this time, working on conversion tool... If you send me you MKII dump file I can send you one to try on MKIIi

Thanks for your kind offer. I'm almost finished setting it up manually. To be honest, it's probably a smart thing to do once in a while just to remember how the configuration operates.

As I was going though this, I thought it would be nice to be able to download the config as a .csv so that I could have a reference document for when I need to reprogram the config. Just a thought....

Back
Top Bottom