Copying blocks from one preset to another (existing one)?

fuzzy

Hey everyone, first I have to say that I love this community, you guys have helped make my transition from guitar pedal guy to AX8 much, much easier! You all are awesome. Thanks!

Right now I'm getting more into playing with the presets (as people do), and I was wondering, if I do like an EQ and drive that I like in one preset, is it possible to copy/drag (in some way) a few of those blocks into another preset? I want to be able to bring some of the cool combinations that I make in one preset to each existing preset that I would like to see it in, without having to remake them (if possible).

Hey everyone, first I have to say that I love this community, you guys have helped make my transition from guitar pedal guy to AX8 much, much easier! You all are awesome. Thanks!

Right now I'm getting more into playing with the presets (as people do), and I was wondering, if I do like an EQ and drive that I like in one preset, is it possible to copy/drag (in some way) a few of those blocks into another preset? I want to be able to bring some of the cool combinations that I make in one preset to each existing preset that I would like to see it in, without having to remake them (if possible).

You can copy and paste in AE (rightclick the block and hover over Edit or use the shortcuts):
Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-05 um 07.16.44.png
or save the block to the Blocks library and retrieve it from there.

Right click on the block, or select the block and clock the BLOCK menu at the top. Choose copy.

if you have several to do, it can be quicker to use the block library instead of copying pasting each block one at a time

if you have several to do, it can be quicker to use the block library instead of copying pasting each block one at a time

Can you clarify what you mean? I'm still new enough to this that I'm not sure exactly what you're saying yet..thanks!

Near the bottom left of Edit it says “Blocks Library”. Click that and you save the currently selected block to a library that lives on that computer and you can recall blocks from there rather than just copy paste.

Ok awesome. Thank you so much, I'll have to play with this more and see where I can use this...but I definitely appreciate the help and guidance.

Back
Top Bottom