Copy Preset to an Empty Location?

deakle

Experienced
Is there a way to copy an existing preset to an empty location? I would like to copy a factory preset to a different, empty location. Then tweak on various parameters while preserving the original preset in the original location. I cannot seem to find anything on this in the User Manual.

Is there a way to copy an existing preset to an empty location? I would like to copy a factory preset to a different, empty location. Then tweak on various parameters while preserving the original preset in the original location. I cannot seem to find anything on this in the User Manual.
As @FractalAudio said (and he would definitely know), just go to the preset you want to use, press "Store" and then select the place you want to save it using the big navigation knob (you'll see the location numbers changing at the top of the screen), and press enter twice. A window will say SAVED and you're done.

As @FractalAudio said (and he would definitely know), just go to the preset you want to use, press "Store" and then select the place you want to save it using the big navigation knob (you'll see the location numbers changing at the top of the screen), and press enter twice. A window will say SAVED and you're done.
Gotcha! Thank you very much! Not at my Axe FX III currently. I will check that out when I get home. This is a great forum! Where else can you find the owner/founder personally answering questions, members sharing experience and helping one another. This is great! Now if Facebook could just take a lesson from this forum.........

You'll see it's actually even easier to do than it is to explain! Incidentally, same thing for saving presets you get from someone else. Go to the place you want it, load it to your box with FractalBot, store, enter, enter and you're done. Great device!

I was wondering about how to do this today, I was scared that I might mess up the preset or some amateur move as this is my first Fractal device and I don't really know the workflow.

Alternatively, in Axe Edit you can export your preset onto your computer. Then switch to new patch, and import the preset in there. I had a paranoid thought that moving it wouldn't retain an original copy in the original location, so I went this way. I essentially created a routing template because I have an unorthodox multi-instrument rig incorporating vocals / sax / guitar / 2 stereo keyboards. Really digging this forum and appreciate everyone's input!

Alternatively, in Axe Edit you can export your preset onto your computer. Then switch to new patch, and import the preset in there...
If you're using Axe-Edit, you can simply use the Save to New Preset Number... option in the Preset menu. When you save it to a new number, the original remains in its location untouched, and Axe-Edit automatically displays the preset copy in its new location. No need to export the preset to your computer.

If you're using Axe-Edit, you can simply use the Save to New Preset Number... option in the Preset menu. When you save it to a new number, the original remains in its location untouched, and Axe-Edit automatically displays the preset copy in its new location. No need to export the preset to your computer.
Ah yessir, that's good to know! I was afraid it would simply move, not copy. Appreciate the clarification! I'm still on Day 2 of wrapping my head around all this. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom