copy out 1> 2 for FOH question

gibvictory

Inspired
I'm using out 2 for my stage rig and out 1 for FOH as has been recommended here a thousand times. In I/O turned copy out 1>2 on. It works except that my expression/volume pedal affects both out 1 and 2.

As a little backround I used Katsukuri's video to set up guitar and piezo except that I have a discreet path for each with left and right panning. In his video he said he uses copy out1>2 and out 1 for FOH is unaffected by his stage volume.
I also tried what's on page 22 of the manual ( Direct to FOH plus real amp onstage). I put second signal path with an FX loop at the end and that didn't work.
What am I missing?

You will have to put the volume and pan blocks after the effects loop in the signal chain. Copy out1>2 mirrors the signal paths so what ever effect you want to not be effects by this has to be after the loop in the chain.

Why wouldn't you want your expression pedals to affect both your FOH feed and your stage monitor? If I send a swell to FOH, I want to hear it onstage, too.

You get independent stage and FOH levels by using the Output Level knobs on the front panel, not by using a volume pedal. It's much more useful that way—you don't have to worry about messing up your stage volume by accidentally bumping a pedal—and stage volume is something I set during sound check. I rarely have to mess with it during the show.

Reactions: sam
Back
Top Bottom