Wish Copy And Paste Preserve Block Number

Hi,

When you copy a block from one preset to another is ignores the block number and sets it to the lowest block number for that type on the grid.

So, for example, in a preset you have 2 Pitch blocks and you want to copy just Pitch2. When you paste that block into another preset that doesn't currently have a Pitch block, the block is named Pitch1. As the FC works off specific block numbers this is means perform/effects layouts would need a separate switch setup which is annoying.
ATM the only way to make it a Pitch 2 is to paste the block into the new preset somewhere out of the way and then paste it a second time and remove the Pitch1 block

Please can we have it so that when you do copy blocks between presets is preserves the block number on paste?

Cheers

ATM the only way to make it a Pitch 2 is to paste the block into the new preset somewhere out of the way and then paste it a second time and remove the Pitch1 block
Not so.

I add the block I want it to be to the preset, then paste the settings into it. The parameters will be applied for all the channels, and the block’s number remains the same.

If you want the exact same block from another preset there's no way you're not gonna create it from scratch again! There's no point. You're gonna copy the block and paste it and be ready to go.
Otherwise you're just making things difficult for yourself.

If you want the exact same block from another preset there's no way you're not gonna create it from scratch again! There's no point. You're gonna copy the block and paste it and be ready to go.
Otherwise you're just making things difficult for yourself.
You're not understanding...

Copy the Pitch 2 block you want.

Go to your new preset.

Insert Pitch 2 block in your preset by clicking on the grid and inserting it.

Select the Pitch block and paste the block from your other preset.

Done.

Well, Of course there are workarounds, but this is a +1 for me. I would add to that that it would be great to be able to change the number in the preset. For example: I take the pitch block from the library, it automaticly makes it nr 1. Then I copy it, nr 2 is the copy, I delete nr 1 and drag nr two to where I want it.

Would be nice to be able to just rename pitch one to pitch 2.

Harm

If you want the exact same block from another preset there's no way you're not gonna create it from scratch again!
Huh?

First, if I like a block enough to reuse it, the odds are really good I'll save it to the Block Library, then, in the preset where I want to reuse it, I'll select the empty block in the grid, set it to the type I want, then load it from the block library, and it'll have the same settings.

But, I follow the same initial process when I only want to copy the block from another preset; I add the desired block to the grid, then paste the settings in. We set up the action the same, by adding the block to the grid prior to pasting, or recalling the library instance of it, if we want the block to be a specific block number for that type of block.

All the blocks for a specific type are identical, they're just numbered to allow our brains to identify them uniquely. The number doesn't imply anything else, just that it's block i of j.

If I don't care what instance number it is of the particular block type, then simply pasting it into the grid will add it as the first available instance. What difference does it make if it's 1 of j or 2? They are identical and it's easy to tell them apart because we're all that smart.

The number isn't for our brains to remember which is which, but rather for our midi controllers, scene controllers, etc. to be able to differentiate between them.
As has been stated a million times, IF you don't see a need for a wish, please keep it to yourself as obviously someone (and probably many others) feel it's useful. Let FAS speak for themselves.

IF you don't see a need for a wish, please keep it to yourself as obviously someone (and probably many others) feel it's useful.
I didn't see anyone here tell anyone else there wasn't a need. I saw some suggestions on other ways to accomplish the same thing.

I've got nothing against the wish, but the OP seems not be aware of the other ways.

I would add to that that it would be great to be able to change the number in the preset.

Yes, this could be useful, too. Specifically because of things like this:

The number isn't for our brains to remember which is which, but rather for our midi controllers, scene controllers, etc. to be able to differentiate between them.

It’s pretty effective the way it is now.
If I’m copying and I don’t want a pitch-2 , I just paste. If I want it to be pitch-2, I add a pitch-2 and paste into that.
We have the option to do it either way currently.

Huh?

First, if I like a block enough to reuse it, the odds are really good I'll save it to the Block Library, then, in the preset where I want to reuse it, I'll select the empty block in the grid, set it to the type I want, then load it from the block library, and it'll have the same settings.

But, I follow the same initial process when I only want to copy the block from another preset; I add the desired block to the grid, then paste the settings in. We set up the action the same, by adding the block to the grid prior to pasting, or recalling the library instance of it, if we want the block to be a specific block number for that type of block.

All the blocks for a specific type are identical, they're just numbered to allow our brains to identify them uniquely. The number doesn't imply anything else, just that it's block i of j.

If I don't care what instance number it is of the particular block type, then simply pasting it into the grid will add it as the first available instance. What difference does it make if it's 1 of j or 2? They are identical and it's easy to tell them apart because we're all that smart.
It matters which instance it is because FC assignments point to specific ones.

Back
Top Bottom