Cooper Carter FM9 instructional video

Right but I got sidetracked buying $150 CAD worth of custom presets last night for my FM9. So the CC FM9 masterclass purchase will have to wait for a more affordable time. Perhaps around boxing day or the new year when funds are moving. I did pickup CC live RIG 2023 preset however. Quite awesome stuff all in one preset! It's very versatile whereas my other presets are song specific. Best of both worlds. Never know when I'll need to switch things up! Overall a sonic explosion it what it sounded like... Loud and clear!

Last edited:
@Cooper Carter
@sparkle
@duzie
@rog
@Hubertus
@Paultergeist

I can tell you right now the custom presets I bought for the FM9 (see message above) sounded ok on my frfr but crap on my real monitors. That means they'll need lots of customization.

I ran CC live preset rig 2023 through my Monitors and it sounded glorious. There's one feeling having things done for you then there's another when you understand the principles.

I decided to enroll in CC FM9 masterclass today because it teaches me the principles behind why things work. Not just good for getting great sounds. Also good for troubleshooting problems with live rigs.

I made a wise investment. Thanks Cooper for all your time on this! Now I'll be able to jam with acoustic guitarists , maybe even live bands through my FM9. So much it can do .. I believe 99% of users will harness only 20% of its power. Cooper gives you the other 80% and hands you the keys to driving it.

Excuse me while I move off to FM9 Masterclass study land now! ;)

@Cooper Carter
@sparkle
@duzie
@rog
@Hubertus
@Paultergeist

I can tell you right now the custom presets I bought for the FM9 (see message above) sounded ok on my frfr but crap on my real monitors. That means they'll need lots of customization.

I ran CC live preset rig 2023 through my Monitors and it sounded glorious. There's one feeling having things done for you then there's another when you understand the principles.

I decided to enroll in CC FM9 masterclass today because it teaches me the principles behind why things work. Not just good for getting great sounds. Also good for troubleshooting problems with live rigs.

I made a wise investment. Thanks Cooper for all your time on this! Now I'll be able to jam with acoustic guitarists , maybe even live bands through my FM9. So much it can do .. I believe 99% of users will harness only 20% of its power. Cooper gives you the other 80% and hands you the keys to driving it.

Excuse me while I move off to FM9 Masterclass study land now! ;)
Funny, I was going to ask what you thought of the presets you bought. I don't feel the need to buy presets the way I did with my Helix - I still have plenty of love for the Helix, but the Fractal stuff feels so much closer to reality, in terms of how a signal chain gets put together, the way everything reacts...it feels a lot more "real world", physical, analog, than my Helix did, and from that standpoint, getting a sound is more intuitive. The Helix was great for me, and tbh I got a better sound out of it than I'm getting out of my FM9 now, but that's because I owned it for years, and really knew it inside and out. I'll get there with my FM9.

Yeah, and as far as people only using x amount of what it can do, I like to go deep in terms of knowledge, but I probably won't ever really scratch the surface of what my FM9 can actually do, compared to some of the stuff people in this forum do.

Funny, I was going to ask what you thought of the presets you bought. I don't feel the need to buy presets the way I did with my Helix - I still have plenty of love for the Helix, but the Fractal stuff feels so much closer to reality, in terms of how a signal chain gets put together, the way everything reacts...it feels a lot more "real world", physical, analog, than my Helix did, and from that standpoint, getting a sound is more intuitive. The Helix was great for me, and tbh I got a better sound out of it than I'm getting out of my FM9 now, but that's because I owned it for years, and really knew it inside and out. I'll get there with my FM9.

Yeah, and as far as people only using x amount of what it can do, I like to go deep in terms of knowledge, but I probably won't ever really scratch the surface of what my FM9 can actually do, compared to some of the stuff people in this forum do.

Just finished Part 1: Introduction and Philosophy chapter.

Already I can tell this is going to be a winner.

CC speaks English EXTREMELY well , is very articulate and explains so fundamentally that a teenager could understand him. There's no complexity to the way he teaches. It seems all genius is simple.

I know as I progress through the chapters I'll get stuck at some points but I want to tell everyone whose on the fence CC has a live chat group built into his course where you can leave questions and get answers from him.

Overall, learn your FM9 in 12 hours or take your time and spread it over 30 days.

Better than wasting 2 years getting up to speed and still getting stuck at live gigs.

Last edited:

I'm getting better results with my FM9 and custom presets as of today. I thought I had to do very little as they're custom designed for me.
I couldn't get my FM9 to sound great with the presets unlike the AX8. Then I realized something. With the AX8 I had run my RS ELis 8's at vol 8 and the output to frfr knob set to 8:30 am. With the FM9 I had run my output knob set to 7 am. This was making it sound dead. It wasn't the custom presets. Its wasn't Coopers presets either. I just changed the vol on my ELis 8 to 5 instead of 8 and increased the output knob to frfr on the FM9 from 7 am to 9 am. And now we have life.

It seems the RS Elis 8's needed the vol set lower in my small studio to get a better sound out of the FM9. I can only imagine the AF3! I would run the ELis 8 at vol 8 if I was playing a large crowd in a bigger arena/ hall which I'm not doing at present.

All custom presets are sounding good. Only some need some vol adjustments and have minor quirks I need to tweak.

All of Coopers presets run perfectly without need to be adjusted, And his live rig 2023 is an amazing one!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom