Cooper Carter Axe-Fx 3 Class

Mesa770

If any of you are new to the AXE FX3 like I was, I would highly suggest taking Cooper Carters Course on the AXE. This is not some "Webinar" that you watch, but it is a full "hands on" course that lets you build the Presets as you go, so you can tweak and test for your ear. He also includes the presets that he builds for you to use or tweak as well. He offers a "Question" section where he answers in real time so you can fix your issues and get gig ready. I cannot say enough about this course. We all spent a lot of money on our AXE FX3, might as well know how to tune it to get its fullest potential.....Thanks Carter for the help.....

I've had my Axe 3 for over a year and I'm still thinking about taking that course. I can get it to sound awesome but I know there's a ton more this thing can do...

I've had my Axe 3 for over a year and I'm still thinking about taking that course. I can get it to sound awesome but I know there's a ton more this thing can do...
I used my Axe-Fx II for several years and then upgraded to the III. I was getting great tones with the III, but Cooper's class opened my eyes to a lot of new ideas and easier ways to approach some of the things I wanted to do. It also showed me useful things I never would have thought to do on my own. Highly recommended. 👍

If you are a casual Axe Fx III/FAS head, and you mainly stick to studio made presets packs (Austin buddy for example) and don’t tweak too much, and don’t usually make your own presets from the ground up, would this course be of much value? I know it is absolutely necessary if you are professional because it unlocks all the potential but I am not a hard core tone tweaker, maybe because I’m intimidated by the axe fx iii at the same time ....

If you are a casual Axe Fx III/FAS head, and you mainly stick to studio made presets packs (Austin buddy for example) and don’t tweak too much, and don’t usually make your own presets from the ground up, would this course be of much value? I know it is absolutely necessary if you are professional because it unlocks all the potential but I am not a hard core tone tweaker, maybe because I’m intimidated by the axe fx iii at the same time ....
I have this course and I recommend it for even the casual tweaker (which I am one). It will explain so much about the operation/configuration of the Axe III in easy to understand terms. Once I went through the course, I had a much better understanding of the unit. It unlocked the potential of the unit by exposing me to things that I had never even considered when I was learning the unit on my own. I have owned Axe units from the XL all the way up to the III (9 years now) and I have a much better understanding/appreciation for the Axe now. Plus, I use the course as a reference tool when I am exploring something new. It is well worth the price and well worth your time.

Cooper has some amazing tones on his videos. He also builds presets for the unit. So I can imagine he has some tricks up his sleeve.

The one thing that surprised me about the FAS ecosystem is the surprising lack of video tutorials out there with in-depth walkthroughs, tricks, and tips. This is definitely a pro unit, but the accessibility of the price has allowed a lot of "bedroom players" to jump in the waters. We still want good tones.

I have a 2XL+ and found the Cooper Carter class for my Fractal hardware unit doing a Google search. I’m a believer in learning from anybody who’s put more time into something than I have and that class was on sale so it was a no brainer. I play mostly high gain patches but there’s always something you can learn from patch construction. Take the best ideas and make them your own, the Leon Todd videos are great too. If I had a III I would probably get this class and I am considering it anyway.

Even if you’re not a professional you paid a lot of money for your Axe-Fx so why wouldn’t you want to get the most out of it? I have limited time myself so the Austin Buddy Dream Rig was great for me but I still want to dial in my own tone. The more I learn the closer I get...

Back
Top Bottom