Converting AX8 FX blocks to the FX8 (and back again)?

tjontheroad

Inspired
Is there way to create a preset on the AX8 (or FXII) with FX blocks only and send/covert it to the FX8?

In other words, I'm hoping to create and test a preset on AX8 that mimics a 4 cable method FX8 rig with my MESA TA-30 combo. I'd use the AX8 amp block X/Y with a cab block to sub for the real amp. Then, I'd save the preset without the amp or cab on my laptop. Ideally, I'd like to just bring my laptop to rehearsals (so I can leave the amp there) and then download the preset into the FX8 making necessary adjustments and relay channel switches.

Anyway possible? I'm guessing it isn't doable now, but maybe a way can be created.

You can export all the blocks of a preset with one click using AX8-Edit. The blocks are universal.

You can't convert the presets though, the structure is too different (no grid on the FX8). You'd need to load in the 8 blocks, assign footswitches, amp relays, and scenes.

Since the FX8 is portable, a better option would be to build the presets on the FX8 while it is connected via 4CM to the AX8 simulating the real amp.

You can export all the blocks of a preset with one click using AX8-Edit. The blocks are universal.

You can't convert the presets though, the structure is too different (no grid on the FX8). You'd need to load in the 8 blocks, assign footswitches, amp relays, and scenes.

Since the FX8 is portable, a better option would be to build the presets on the FX8 while it is connected via 4CM to the AX8 simulating the real amp.

Yeah, I thought lack of grid on FX8 would be the issue to overcome going AX8 >FX8. So, doing individual blocks is the best way.

Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom