controlling fx on and off.

phil36uk

Inspired
Hi the way I control my fx to switch on and off is I use the behringer fcb1010. I use the exp pedals and assign the mix parameter to 0 when the pedal is not pressed. When the pedal is pressed I set it to the percentage desired. My question is when setting mix to zero is that effectively switching effect off or bypass. I don't really hear a difference between mix to zero and bypass. Just wondering if anyone else uses this method.

Setting Mix at 0% is not strictly the same as bypassing the block (also depends on the block's bypass mode) but the effect is the same. Not with all blocks though. Drive for example doesn't work this way.

Setting Mix at 0% is not strictly the same as bypassing the block (also depends on the block's bypass mode) but the effect is the same. Not with all blocks though. Drive for example doesn't work this way.

Bypass mode set to thru. I am not using any drive blocks at the moment just controlling eq, delay, flanger etc.

Bypass mode set to thru. I am not using any drive blocks at the moment just controlling eq, delay, flanger etc.

Bypass mode set to thru is in most cases equivalent to setting mix = 0%
There is no mix parameter on EQ though.
For the other effects like delay and flanging, bypass set to thru is functionally the same as mix = 0%.

Back
Top Bottom