Wish Controller Block Section Saving and Effects Block Connections

creativespiral

Inspired
The AxeFX has the ability to recreate many advanced effects racks and pedals, as well as generate amazing unique effect sounds. This ability to create advanced effects often relies on connections to controller elements (LFOs, Seq, ADSR, etc).

This is a Workflow Improvement and Effects Block Saving request, that I think would lead to easier experimentation with effects blocks, and allow the community to better save and share advanced effects setups that can be easily recalled via Blocks.

1. Ability to save blocks for different internal controller types separately, rather than all together.
The current internal controller block saving mechanism captures ALL the controllers and saves them in a combined block. This is an okay option, but it would more useful if we could save different controller block types separately. (Sequencer, LFO, ADSR, Pitch, Env, Scene Controllers Section) With the current setup, there's rarely a scenario where I would want to recall the entire control block, since most of my presets have unique settings in the scene controllers section, and that data would all be overwritten.

I would like to be able to create and store dozens of different sequencer patterns of different lengths, and save them individually, so they can be recalled on other presets and combined with different effects blocks to create "Adrenalinn style" syncopated effects that can be easily loaded, auditioned and switched through.

With the current setup, this is not feasible, since all other controller data will be overwritten upon loading the combined controller block, when I just want the sequencer data... it only works if every other controller has the exact same settings as the saved controller block (which is basically never). If we can save sequencer data, LFO data, ADSR data and other controller data individually in sub-blocks, and recall them, then this will be a possibility, and open up the Axe to have more syncopated effects and modifiers saved and on-tap for integration into effects.

control-block-save-sections-separately.jpg

2. Ability for Effects Blocks to Save All Connected Controller Data
It would be great if when you save an effect block (Flanger, Filter, Wah, Volume, etc) that has an attached LFO, Sequencer, or other controller, that all the settings of that controller element could be saved with the effects block. As-is, when you save an effects block with a controller attached, it saves the routing of the connection, but not the settings of the connection. So if you setup a Filter block with a dependency on a sequencer to run the manual/cutoff, when you go to reload that on another preset, you have to then go in and manually rebuild the sequencer.

effect-block-save-control-settings.jpg

I think the above two items would make it much easier to store and recall advanced effects setups, and easily plug them into other presets. Also, it would allow us to save dozens or hundreds of unique sequencer patterns that could easily be recalled and quickly auditioned / switched through for different syncopated effects connected with a variety of effects destinations.

The AxeFX has the ability to recreate many advanced effects racks and pedals, as well as generate amazing unique effect sounds. This ability to create advanced effects often relies on connections to controller elements (LFOs, Seq, ADSR, etc).

This is a Workflow Improvement and Effects Block Saving request, that I think would lead to easier experimentation with effects blocks, and allow the community to better save and share advanced effects setups that can be easily recalled via Blocks.

1. Ability to save blocks for different internal controller types separately, rather than all together.
The current internal controller block saving mechanism captures ALL the controllers and saves them in a combined block. This is an okay option, but it would more useful if we could save different controller block types separately. (Sequencer, LFO, ADSR, Pitch, Env, Scene Controllers Section) With the current setup, there's rarely a scenario where I would want to recall the entire control block, since most of my presets have unique settings in the scene controllers section, and that data would all be overwritten.

I would like to be able to create and store dozens of different sequencer patterns of different lengths, and save them individually, so they can be recalled on other presets and combined with different effects blocks to create "Adrenalinn style" syncopated effects that can be easily loaded, auditioned and switched through.

With the current setup, this is not feasible, since all other controller data will be overwritten upon loading the combined controller block, when I just want the sequencer data... it only works if every other controller has the exact same settings as the saved controller block (which is basically never). If we can save sequencer data, LFO data, ADSR data and other controller data individually in sub-blocks, and recall them, then this will be a possibility, and open up the Axe to have more syncopated effects and modifiers saved and on-tap for integration into effects.

View attachment 63132

2. Ability for Effects Blocks to Save All Connected Controller Data
It would be great if when you save an effect block (Flanger, Filter, Wah, Volume, etc) that has an attached LFO, Sequencer, or other controller, that all the settings of that controller element could be saved with the effects block. As-is, when you save an effects block with a controller attached, it saves the routing of the connection, but not the settings of the connection. So if you setup a Filter block with a dependency on a sequencer to run the manual/cutoff, when you go to reload that on another preset, you have to then go in and manually rebuild the sequencer.

View attachment 63133

I think the above two items would make it much easier to store and recall advanced effects setups, and easily plug them into other presets. Also, it would allow us to save dozens or hundreds of unique sequencer patterns that could easily be recalled and quickly auditioned / switched through for different syncopated effects connected with a variety of effects destinations.
+1
Would like to see the Controller Channels split to work for each controller separately, too.

+1 I noticed the channels can be used to set different sequencer settings but not modifier settings when I was tinkering with it.

I see from your post that the “block” can be saved to the library.

I’ve asked previously for a way to disconnect a modifier temporarily without losing its min/max/curve settings so I could rotate a knob freely to dial in its setting, and then turn the modifier back on (after which, I could send the proper cc value to recall the knob position I liked).

it appears I could have two controller blocks saved - 1 with all the modifiers assigned as I normally find myself using 99% of the time, and another controller block with no modifier assignments, and use that one when I want to “freely turn knobs” while dialing in sounds.

it appears I could have two controller blocks saved - 1 with all the modifiers assigned as I normally find myself using 99% of the time, and another controller block with no modifier assignments, and use that one when I want to “freely turn knobs” while dialing in sounds.

Modifiers are part of the data for the block with the target parameter, so recalling different Controller blocks wouldn't help with that.

How are you normally modifying these parameters? Expression pedal, CCs from a switch, MIDI sequence, some combination of those?

There might be a way to accomplish what you're looking to do via modifier settings, without needing to remove the modifier.

Back
Top Bottom