Control Switch Assignment assigned to a scene

I have a question for the Gurus. I apologize in advance on the wording of this but I have no other way to convey this. So I have a Control Switch (CS1) assigned to turn off and on the Amp Boost modifier in Dual Amps. I want to be able to turn this off and on at any time in any scene, so I have it assigned to an external footswitch as a stand in switch. I see in the "CS per Scene" assignment menu I can control the initial behavior of that control switch when I go to a specific scene. "Last" does not really work the way I expected, as I thought it would mean in Scene 5 for example if I engage it as I am playing and then go to another scene it would be off, and then back to scene 5, it would still be engaged, (last state while in that specific scene) but it appears the Last extends across all scenes, so if I turn it on in scene 5, and then switch to Scene 1, it will be on there as well, until I turn it off, affecting all scenes. So what I want to do is if I turn it on in Scene 5, and and navigate away from that scene and then go back to that specific scene, it will be on in that scene only until I turn it back off or go to another preset. I played around with the "PC reset" setting in the modifier menu, but that seems to only recognize the state of the CS when I load the preset, leaving no room for retaining the setting for scenes changes while playing.

So I basically want modifiers to regonize the "scene revert off" setting like a a normal bypass assignment would that recognizes an engaged switch when making scene changes while playing.

If it possible or is the maybe another type of controller assignment or another way that would allow me to do it?

Last edited:
The CS Per Scene settings are per scene, hence the name. When a CS is set to Last, it inherits the last value it had regardless of the scene you came from.

Have you tried Scene Ignore?
That won't really do anything here, basically creating the same issue as CS with "last" CS Per Scene setting in all scenes OP described.

I think the only best/only solution without adding a MIDI controller would be Scene Revert = off, and set up a separate block to engage for the boost.

Reactions: Rex
That won't really do anything here, basically creating the same issue as CS with "last" CS Per Scene setting in all scenes OP described.

I think the only best/only solution without adding a MIDI controller would be Scene Revert = off, and set up a separate block to engage for the boost.
Upon reflection... you're right. :)

The CS Per Scene settings are per scene, hence the name. When a CS is set to Last, it inherits the last value it had regardless of the scene you came from.
I am familiar with it, but it wont accomplish what I want, like the Helix could do. The CS per scene applies to the initial state of the CS when picking a scene, but it doesnt remember per scene what the last state of the CS was for the specific scenes.

I probably will make this a wish list request if I can convey it. I basically want a CS to recognize the last state it is in when leaving a scene and that state to be able to be recalled when going back to that scene while palying. That paired, up with the "CS per scene" options should give us all the different scenarios we would come accross.

I probably will make this a wish list request if I can convey it. I basically want a CS to recognize the last state it is in when leaving a scene and that state to be able to be recalled when going back to that scene while palying. That paired, up with the "CS per scene" options should give us all the different scenarios we would come accross.
Probably simplest to add a 4th option to CS Per Scene: "Scene Last" or something like that.

I seem to recall this discussion happened before so possibly already a wish...

Edit:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/new-cs-per-scene-value.169551/

Last edited:
I have wished for this exact functionality, also perplexed that the older Helix could do it but the more advanced FM9 cannot.

If you know exactly what you want all the time and can reserve 2-3 scenes for "boost", "fat" or "saturated" versions of the same amp for those specific sounds, then you can get it done with some planning ahead. Still, I'm with the OP and would love to see this!

I have wished for this exact functionality, also perplexed that the older Helix could do it but the more advanced FM9 cannot.

If you know exactly what you want all the time and can reserve 2-3 scenes for "boost", "fat" or "saturated" versions of the same amp for those specific sounds, then you can get it done with some planning ahead. Still, I'm with the OP and would love to see this!
Yeah, I am talking about spontaneously, and using the CS on an external footswitch just for the Amp boost switch that is included on every amp, so I can engage it at any time in any scene, but I only want it to then be going in that scene and still be on if I go back to that scene in the same song.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom