Constant interference in the office

Overcaster

Inspired
For a while now I have been having a constant electronical interference in my guitars, a constant clicking noise. It's very VERY loud on my single coil guitars.
It usually starts in the evening, lasts for an hour and then completely disappears.

It's outside of the circuit, since guitar angle makes it louder or quieter.
I already unplugged every appliance possible, try to single out the source but nothing.

Any idea how to get this fixed?

Please keep in mind I am no electrician, nor do I have heavy tools or specific equipment.

Here is a sample of it

Last edited:
Do you have a robot vacuum cleaner or lawnmover nearby? I had some noise interference from my neighbours robot lawnmower a few years back. Every time the lawnmover was working i had some noise in my tube amp i was using at the time.

Do you have a robot vacuum cleaner or lawnmover nearby? I had some noise interference from my neighbours robot lawnmower a few years back. Every time the lawnmover was working i had some noise in my tube amp i was using at the time.

Hmm that is an interesting thought. There is actually one nearby. Do they really produce that much interference?

I have no idea how it works, but each time the lawnmover was active i had noise in my amp. Took some time before i discovered it since i had no idea it could cause problems.

Hmm that is an interesting thought. There is actually one nearby. Do they really produce that much interference?
Yes they do..
The wire they follow emits a signal and there's no way to get rid of it (other than using HB and an almost clean sounds).
I was going crazy until I found that that noise was generated by the lawnmower

Since you're talking about an office, I assume there are computers, which generate a ton of EMI. It's awful when I get close to the laptop in my "studio" especially with single coils.

This is totally not news. It's a well known problem, one that constantly nudges me towards Suhr and their hum cancelling setup. If I wasn't so cheap I'd have one, or three.

Since you're talking about an office, I assume there are computers, which generate a ton of EMI. It's awful when I get close to the laptop in my "studio" especially with single coils.

This is totally not news. It's a well known problem, one that constantly nudges me towards Suhr and their hum cancelling setup. If I wasn't so cheap I'd have one, or three.

Office as a euphemism for "Man-cave": computer, audio stuff, guitars etc hah

The PC and so on cause the typical hum and hiss, that's totally fine with me but the extreme clicking noise is a good 3 times louder than those.

Even after literally pulling every single plug, the same story

Cell phones have been known to intermittently generate clicking EMI. Is there one nearby?

Same noise, if I hold up the phone next to it, it makes the typical phone noises. Noise still there even when I banish it and put it in my car outside.

Hi @Overcaster
Is it possible someone has an electric oven on for an hour or so on a close (or the same) circuit?
Thanks
Pauly
For a while now I have been having a constant electronical interference in my guitars, a constant clicking noise. It's very VERY loud on my single coil guitars.
It usually starts in the evening, lasts for an hour and then completely disappears.

It's outside of the circuit, since guitar angle makes it louder or quieter.
I already unplugged every appliance possible, try to single out the source but nothing.

Any idea how to get this fixed?

Please keep in mind I am no electrician, nor do I have heavy tools or specific equipment.

Here is a sample of it

The noise came on, I got up, ran to the window to check and BEHOLD! - The neighbors lawn robo was going at it.

Seems I found the source. I never would have thought the sensor it has is that strong.

Back
Top Bottom