Consistent output level

My band will be using IEMs exclusively for upcoming rehearsals and shows. Keeping my output level exactly the same is very important.

Like with pedals, I have OUT 1 marked with a piece of masking tape and a sharpie mark. Not super accurate

Is there a way I can view exactly what the level of OUT 1 is internally? I’d like to double check each time I power up to confirm it’s the exact same number if possible.

The manual says output levels may be viewed on the Meters page of the Home screen. My Home Screen does not have a Meters page.

I found a Meters tab under Layout, but hitting Enter, Page, Nav, etc., doesn’t seem to have an effect.

Photos attached. Thank very much in advance for sharing your help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5022.jpeg
    IMG_5022.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5024.jpeg
    IMG_5024.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
From the Home screen, page right 4 times to get to the Meters Page, but that doesn't show the OUT Knob settings. That's in the Utilities menu like thejacobclark said. On the Axe III, it's under Utilities > ADC Levels.

if you can adjust your mixer levels so that you just turn the physical volume knob all the way up, it can help avoid all this.

almost any mixer (except box powered mixer types) can handle the full output of the fractal gear, just need to keep the Mixer Channel Gain low. on most analog mixers i have the mixer channel gain all the way down, on most digital mixers, it's 0 - 4dB or so to hit the leveling area.

there is no drawback from having the mixer channel gain all the way down. it is designed to go that low so running it there is no problem if the source is indeed sending a healthy signal.

a consistent setup, especially for IEMs, is the only time i recommend turning the physical output knob all the way up.

Back
Top Bottom