Wish Consistency to naming of amp models

laxu

Fractal Fanatic
This has been a very long time issue on the Fractal system for way over a decade now, but could you please add some consistency to the naming of the amp models?

As an example, we have most Mesa models named with the prefix "USA"...except the Rectos and Triple Crown. . Marshalls start with "BRIT"...except the JMP-1, JVM and some of the Superleads. Bogners are "EURO"...except the Shiva. Fender amps are the worst, they are all over the place with no way to tell that this is a Fender beyond knowing the amp model names and checking the wiki.

Just rename the models in a consistent way. Don't rearrange their slots because that means people's presets would break, but just rename the models so that it's easy to find a Fender amp, a Marshall amp and so on. Then you can simply sort them alphabetically to get them all in a row.

+10

Don't rearrange their slots because that means people's presets would break
Anyway I think this is not a problem, otherwise when new amps are added they would be at the end of the list and not sorted alphabetically. They probably already have a hidden identifier number.

+10

Anyway I think this is not a problem, otherwise when new amps are added they would be at the end of the list and not sorted alphabetically. They probably already have a hidden identifier number.
Yes they're added at the end of the list, and their number is the previous amp count... It's just displayed sorted but internal values are mixed up

Agreed that it would be great to have all the models near each other. Much easier to compare between similar flavors than having to scroll all over.

+1

Having in my arsenal +300 amps/amp channels is great, but having to check with the wiki to see which is what, is tiring, time consuming so most of the times I just prefer to stick with the 3-4 models I already know and play my music.

Not a dealbreaker if it doesn't happen but discouraging for me to try something new (and no, just randomly browsing through all these amps/amp channels is not an option, it's not like the IRs, as far as I am concerned amps require a lot more additional adjusting and even IR matching, so it would be nice to know right off the bat which is which).

dpeterson's suggestion is great, naming the amps FEN, MAR, MB, BOG etc. would make very obvious what's what.

I could get behind a reorganization of the amps. The list is giant now and it can take a while to find a specific amp sometimes (first world problems, I know...). Everyone would have to get used to the new names, but in the long run it would make it easier to group them all together by maker.

The 3 letter abbreviation could work well assuming it doesn't ruffle any feathers legally. Might have to use something other than VOX and EVH on those for obvious reasons.

Back
Top Bottom