Considering AXII to AXIII

jgparker59

Inspired
Probably a stupid question but If you were me and owned 2 AXFX II’s and 2 MFC101’s, would you sell them all to buy one AXFXIII and a foot controller?
Do you think it would be worth it?

Probably a stupid question but If you were me and owned 2 AXFX II’s and 2 MFC101’s, would you sell them all to buy one AXFXIII and a foot controller?
Yes!

The only thing that would keep me doing that would be if I really needed two of each.

Well when gigging I always had a backup rig just in case. Or kept one rig at practice and another one at home. But now I’m not gigging or plan on so maybe I can get by with just one rig.

Hi @jgparker59

Most definately - the upgrade is significant. The only thing you will be missing out on is redundancy - IE, not having a spare. I had 2 axe fx 2's for a while but now have the 3 and it's been worth every bit.
Thanks
Pauly

I did exactly this with 1 Axe2+MFC system, and yes, it was 100% worth it. The tonal leap is significant. Now whether it's worth it to you in terms of money and loss of one system is a judgement you'll have to make.

Sure it´s worth it!

One point i´d also take into consideration: selling the AxeFxII now will bring you more money than waiting til the AxeFxIV comes out!

Try to see it that way: the new devices (II,III and maybe IV) are always round about 2.500€ - you can always sell the older model for around 1.200€ (if you do it right in the moment when the new one is released) - and ca. every eight years a new model comes out. The worth loss divided through the years used is what i try to see for myself as some sort of leasing rate which is still very low, considering you always have the newest und best device around:)

Since you're not gigging, then definitely yes.
Nothing better for a home/studio musician than a new piece of gear to explore.

Utterly no question

Went from an AX8 to a III and later added an FM3 and they're the mutt's nuts...........NO QUESTION!

Not a question. Yes. I loved the II, but it is no contest. Now if the II were all that I ever had to play with for rest of life, I'd be fine with that. BUT...there is the III...it is better in EVERY manner and I have the ability to buy the best. So I have a III..............................

Back
Top Bottom