Connecting Computer and Axe-Fx to Speakers

johnrobbfl

Inspired
Hello - my Axe-Fx II XL will be here tomorrow and I have a quick question about connecting it to my home iMac & Monitors.

I would like to use the same set of speakers (LSR305 Studio Monitors) for both the Axe-Fx and for listening to music or anything else through my iMac and was wondering if there's a preferred way to do this.

Can I simply use input 2 on the Axe-Fx and connect that to the 3.5mm stereo out of the iMac or should I just get a small mixer and connect each device to that and then to the monitors?

Thanks,
John

In my opinion, a small mixer is the way to go. I use a Yamaha MG102c. It gives me a couple extra inputs if I need to hook up any other audio as well. (Xbox, phone, tablet, etc) I checked out the small Mackies and the Behringer 'Mackie clones' and found the Yamaha was quieter as far as background noise/hiss.

Is there a way to have the Axe cabled into both a amp via the 4 cable method and a DAW with studio monitors at the same time and switch in between outputs via the Axe or would i need to re wire per use?

In my opinion, a small mixer is the way to go. I use a Yamaha MG102c. It gives me a couple extra inputs if I need to hook up any other audio as well. (Xbox, phone, tablet, etc) I checked out the small Mackies and the Behringer 'Mackie clones' and found the Yamaha was quieter as far as background noise/hiss.

I grabbed a little Yamaha and it does seem to work well - thanks.

Besides my playing, the little JBL 305's seem to be my weakest link right now.

I plug the Axe to my laptop via USB and use the CLRs for both music and guitar. The clarity of the CLRs via USB replaced the old setup where I had an ART SLA and used the headphone jack to get the music.

I plug the Axe to my laptop via USB and use the CLRs for both music and guitar. The clarity of the CLRs via USB replaced the old setup where I had an ART SLA and used the headphone jack to get the music.

Are you connecting both to Axe-Fx and your Computer to the CLR's with their individual outputs or just connecting the computer?

I use mixer and both outputs from axe. I use equators and evlivex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom