Connecting Axe Fx ultra using Prodipe midi 1i/1o! ITS NOT WORKING...

anna

i bought a prodipe midi 1i/1o and connected it to my axe and then opened axe edit..has anybody got any idea what midi settings i need to put it to? its just not working! help please!

can i also add, what midi settings do i put it do? Midi Input : USB MIDI interface, and Midi Output ? the only options it gives me are : USB MIDI intreface and Microsoft GS wavetable Synth..

Your computer should recognize your midi device and install the drivers needed. There are also alot of threads suggesting the best midi devices to use. Then the "settings" on the Axe Edit will see the in/outputs and allow you tho choose them. It can still be pretty fickle tho..... Dont get to frustrated. Keep on the forum u will get it. Best of luck.

Assuming "USB MIDI interface" is your Prodpipe MIDI I/O then you should choose it for both MIDI input and MIDI output.
..then press "test connection"

Have you tried the MIDI Loopback Test in Axe-Edit (in Audio/MIDI settings) , read the instructions and give it a go.

Per

Assuming "USB MIDI interface" is your Prodpipe MIDI I/O then you should choose it for both MIDI input and MIDI output.
..then press "test connection"

Have you tried the MIDI Loopback Test in Axe-Edit (in Audio/MIDI settings) , read the instructions and give it a go.

Per

I did exactly that and the loopback test failed and it still says its not connected...any ideas why?

beneath the Midi Input , Midi Output,

it says : Axe-Fx Midi Channel
Midi Channel : and it gives options of numbers 1- 16. What do i press? thanks guys!

beneath the Midi Input , Midi Output,

it says : Axe-Fx Midi Channel
Midi Channel : and it gives options of numbers 1- 16. What do i press? thanks guys!

Hi,
turn on your axe-fx, press the "I/O" button, press "Page right" button to get to the MIDI tab. it tells you what MIDI channel the Axe-fx is on. If its not already, change it to channel 1. Use that same channel number in axe edit.

Let us know if more troubles. It may be that Your MIDI interface hasnt been installed properly on your computer or something, or axe-fx may not like your interface model. There is a list of known problem interfaces on this forum Link below). I suggest you could buy the cheapest one on ebay. It works perfectly for me and costed say $5-10.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/beta-...29-interfaces-working-not-working-axe-fx.html

Btw.
Congratulations! You may be the first female axe-user. Not sure tho.... nicknames can be tough

Last edited:
Hi!

Another idea what could be causing your problem. Many interfaces get installed with plug-n-play drivers that can handle usual commands but not sysex commands wich you need for the axe-fx. Find out at the manufacturers hp if your drivers can send and receice sysex or not. If not so, try to get better drivers.

Good lock!

PS: Fractal audio recommends the m-audio midi sport 2x2.

Yet another problem could be the firmware version of the Axe.
I had a bitch of a time trying to get the Axe Edit to connect before I upgraded the firmware to 11.
The "Axe FX Sysex ID" was set wrong by default?!?! for my firmware. Anything before firmware 10.3 needs a certain sysex id or something along those lines....
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom