• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

connect momentary switches to axe fx 2 for scene switching.

nznat

Inspired
Hiya.

I cannot afford to buy the MCF101 for some time, thus, i want to connect 2 momentary switches to the back of my Axe FX 2 XL+ to simply switch up and down through the scenes.

This will take care of a lot of things for me. Like simply turning on a delay pedal in the second scene, simple things like that, etc, etc , etc

I know it can be done, but more info and a wiring diagram for the switch would be great thanks.

links to info, etc etc would be fantastic

thanks xx

Last edited:

Stratman68

Axe-Master
It's TRS, as stated in the manual...My bad-this is incorrect.

Rest is OK

-set pedal to momentary in I\O menu-pedal tab, calibrate- set it to control whatever you need by changing control next to item to Ext 1 (example if it's in Ext 1) ( in control tab of I\O menu..............move on

example-I have out 1 volume in control menu set to pedal 1 which in my case is external 1.

This is all documented, but anyway-try this and see how you make out.

Last edited:

nznat

Inspired
Its not TRS, its a regular guitar (mono) cable used for switching! TRS is only for expression pedals, this im talking about is for simple switching.

manual 3.2 = Any type of external switch can be used, as long as its contacts make and break the connection between tip and
sleeve on a regular 1/4” guitar cable.

All good, should be simple to wire up a switch myself. sweet!

Top Bottom