Confused with AMP blocks and F/W updates

I am now finished with updating my main presets for my AX8 after the update to FW 7.01. And the end result is amazing. All my sounds have improved. In almost all cases I have used the new defaults based on the 'soft reset', except for the following parameters which I tweaked the way I liked it / needed it: presence, preamp cf compress, out comp amount and out comp clarity. And of course I did level corrections if needed. What is the experience of you all? Are these indeed parameters where you not always use the defaults?

Where's Chris from Katsu Kuri Media when you need him. He did great tutorials. SO MANY people still don't get 'how to' or 'what to do' when resetting your amp blocks for a new Firmware. Can't someone PLEASE do this so that newbies and weekend warriors can finally 'get it'? I'm sure there's even seasoned users that don't get all the different upgrade methods.

I understand and agree what you are saying. But that still does not explain my first question. Why are two presets with exactly the same settngs sounding different in the same FW version (the untouched old one and then one based on a reset and then I applied the same settings)?
when you leave the old preset untouched, you are hearing the old setting parameters. If you take that same preset and toggle the amp in the amp block, you will hear a difference. So basically if you like your old amp sound, use the old saved amp. However you may miss some new tweaks and updates.

I suspect Tommy didn't read the entire thread, and thus misunderstood the question posed.
Correct if wrong, Abc- but it sounds like once you caught the one stray parameter that you overlooked earlier, that had changed, and then changed it to equal the default value, the 2 presets DO sound identical? Correct?

Reactions: Abc
I suspect Tommy didn't read the entire thread, and thus misunderstood the question posed.
Correct if wrong, Abc- but it sounds like once you caught the one stray parameter that you overlooked earlier, that had changed, and then changed it to equal the default value, the 2 presets DO sound identical? Correct?
Hi Paul, that is totally correct. Initially I was unsure about the FW concept due to the parameter I missed when making the default (created in way as Tommy described) same as original again. But once it was clear as stated above I improved all my presets by mainly using the new default parameters. Except for the parameters mentioned above. And for those I was just curious whether these are typically parameters that you always tweak to your liking.

Back
Top Bottom