[confirmed] Attaching a modifier to input trim "damps" wah control

GiRa

Power User
[confirmed] Attaching a modifier to input trim "damps" other modifiers

In these days I experienced a slow wah response, I think I found the reason.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a patch with a wah block and two amp blocks.
  2. Attach a modifier to wah control parameter and set the controller to external1 (external1 is a midi expression pedal)
  3. Turn autoengage on.
  4. Move your expression pedal, everything is fine.
  5. Attach a modifier (the controller doesn't matter, LFO, random, external...) to the input trim of one of the amp blocks.
  6. Now move your expression pedal: wah control will be very slow, you can actually see it if you go to the modifier page of the wah control.

I'm using Axe-Fx II with firmware 5.07.

I'm hoping everything is clear and you are able to reproduce it.

Edit: the "damp" is reproducible with other blocks than wah.

Last edited:
I have the same problem with an expression control controlling a volume block! I have a modifier on the input trim of an amp block, and my pedal controlled volume block lags behind my foot. could you please see if it is related?
Thanks,
Mark

I have the same problem with an expression control controlling a volume block! I have a modifier on the input trim of an amp block, and my pedal controlled volume block lags behind my foot. could you please see if it is related?
Mmm... Maybe input trimp dumps all the other modifiers.

I just confirmined this today. I removed the modifier from the input trim, and I can use my continous controlled volume block like a normal volume pedal! I had always used a CC on the input trim and just assumed that the volume pedal lagged. I still need the input trim CC, so this bug fix is very important to me.

Back
Top Bottom