Compressor question

simeon

Axe-Master
i love the compression this guy gets. not really sure if it's from his rig, or from the camera, but the way he reacts to it as he plays makes me think it's from a pedal (you see his board very briefly at 3;30)

it reminds me of the kind of compression david torn was using years ago. i seem to be having some luck replicating it with the new studio FB compressor 2, but what do you guys think? i can't quite seem to get the same crazy sustain he does...

theres also a fair amount of delay, maybe that contributes to the sustain. Camera Compression after delay?

He's playing thru a Red Plate amp and they seem to tout the "compression" in their amps quite a bit - maybe it's something the amp is doing/adding.

Sounds like he's also using a volume pedal into an amp thats on the edge of breakup, Swelling into chords improves the sustain

i know there's delay and camera compression and he's using a volume pedal.

i'm trying to replicate the compression we're hearing, whether it's amp, camera, or pedal. sounds like upward compression, to me. i'll keep fiddling around. now axe edit is updated, i'll have the proper controls for each new compressor type in there

hmm...

i'll check the specs for the xotic anyway and see what they say. thanks for asking TG3K

so apparently, the xotic is based on the Ross compressor, which is "very similar" to the Dynacomp, so i guess i'll have a mess about with that one

Back
Top Bottom