Compensating for volume loss on pitch block

guitarjim

Experienced
I am a little perplexed on this one and could use some advice.

I am doing a patch for the old Temptations song Ain't Too Proud to Beg. I am simulating some of the horn fills with a pitch block. Because they are very short, intermittent riffs, it is too much toe tapping to use an IA switch, so I tied the Mix parameter to a pedal (0 to 50%) that I can easily rock back and forth to engage it. It works great, but I noticed that the volume drops when I engage the pitch block. If I adjust the Level on the block, it affects the volume even if I have the mix set to 0, so I am looking for other ways to do it. I tried tying the Pitch block Level parameter to the same pedal so that I would get a level boost when I engage it, but strangely that had no effect at all.

I'm thinking that I can put a 2nd Vol/Pan block in and tie it to the same pedal, but it seems to me there should be a way to do it within the Pitch block itself. I just can think of one.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Run it in parallel with Mix at 100%, and use Input Gain with your pedal. This way your dry level will stay consistent, you're simply adding the Pitch block content on top of the dry.

Using the Mix at 50% in series means you're cutting your dry level in half.

Run it in parallel with Mix at 100%, and use Input Gain with your pedal. This way your dry level will stay consistent, you're simply adding the Pitch block content on top of the dry.

Using the Mix at 50% in series means you're cutting your dry level in half.

Thanks very much. That worked beautifully.

Back
Top Bottom