Comparing Brit 20 to real SV20H - anyone done it?

I'm in love with the Brit 20 and am looking at buying a smaller "real life" gigging rig for a few things - how does the real deal compare with the Brit 20 model - if its identical/really close then I'm opening my wallet this afternoon!!!

Anyone here got FW6 loaded up and have a real SV20 and compared the 2?

Cliff said himself in the Axe-III thread that the schematic is incorrect, and he actually thinks of turning this model into FAS custom model. So probably not a good idea to buy a real amp based on this particular model.

Cliff said himself in the Axe-III thread that the schematic is incorrect, and he actually thinks of turning this model into FAS custom model. So probably not a good idea to buy a real amp based on this particular model.
From my memory, he made an error in the model (maybe because of what you said), which was then corrected. Some then wanted to keep the earlier one as a FAS amp, but I don't think that happened? (probably the right choice — the problem is that everything sounds good now ;) )

Last edited:
I'm in love with the Brit 20 and am looking at buying a smaller "real life" gigging rig for a few things - how does the real deal compare with the Brit 20 model - if its identical/really close then I'm opening my wallet this afternoon!!!

Anyone here got FW6 loaded up and have a real SV20 and compared the 2?
Dont know yet, but all my friends that have one love it to death, its a great lil plexi...im going to test the amp in the next weeks, so im curious also =)

I own the real thing and it is such a great amp but I haven't compared it to the Fractal model. This amp is a keeper for life. You'll need an attenuator for bedroom and maybe even for small gigs.

It's a cool little amp. It's very loud though. It's not really a "bedroom amp" IMO. Good for smaller gigs, rehearsals, etc.
Hi Cliff and the rest of the peeps here who responded.

Yep, I totally get the non MV thing - I used to gig a JTM45 and that was loud and needed attenuating in most scenarios!

Here’s the dilemma now, will I always be comparing the real deal to the version we have here…it’s happening with my real Mesa MKIV - I prefer the modelled version over the real thing…

Upgraded my FM9 to 4.0 today. A/B'ing the Brit Studio 20 with a SV20H in loop 3 (using a load box, so apples-apples comparison).

Brit Studio 20 NAILS IT! With all knobs on 5 and jumping back and forth, I forgot which amp I was playing. With a more aggressive tone setup (B=4, M=10, T=4, P=8.25) the SV20H is a tad brighter and more aggressive. Setting the Brit Studio 20 similarly, but with Presence all the way up there is still a difference, but it's very little.

I'm super impressed!

Using a YA greenback cab IR that I added, but I expect the results will be quite similar with the factory greenie IRs as well.

Back
Top Bottom