Compact pedal sized stereo power amp for FM9?

STA

Hi all.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions for a compact stereo power amp. Not trying to run anything though FOH. Just a normal 2 cabinet stereo set up take full advantage of the dual delay I have set up in my FM9 presets.

I am familiar with the powerstage 700, but just wanted to make sure I’m not missing any good options that are a bit more compact and cheaper. I guess last resort would be running it through 2 separate mono pedal sized power amp. But I prefer having this all in one option.

Maybe a bit more advanced but has anyone ever tried running the parallel wet signal/dual delay through a PA and the dry signal through the regular power amp cabinet setup? Anyone knows how that sounds?

Thanks and much appreciated.

The Harley Benton GPA-100 is very cheap and has a lot of power for it's price/size.

It's not very transparent imho, but you can eq it easily.

It's a solid buy, and you can't go wrong for the price.

TC Electronics BAM200. I dig it more than my Duncan PS170. The high end seems a little ‘sweeter’ but it’s totally a subjective thing.

What I love the most about them is that I don’t need to tweak my presets at gigs depending on the room, I just adjust the EQ’s on the 170/200 and I’m good to go.

Thanks! Appreciate the suggestions. But I guess these are also not stereo. Could probably buy 2 for the money and still run it through 2 cabinets.

for lower volume playing, I'm ready to try one, but it's hard to get one where I am.
Ohh that looks exactly what I’m looking for. I guess you’re also not in the States? Used to live there until a year ago and I really miss the abundance of gear you’re able to purchase over there online both used and new.

Ohh that looks exactly what I’m looking for. I guess you’re also not in the States? Used to live there until a year ago and I really miss the abundance of gear you’re able to purchase over there online both used and new.
I'm in Canada - could special order one from our local guitar store but was hoping to get one quickly to try - reviews are somewhat mixed, but reading about it, I'm intrigued as it is one of the very few, built for guitar in mind, SS stereo poweramps @ lower price. Probably under powered for gigging but I don't need that capability

I'm in Canada - could special order one from our local guitar store but was hoping to get one quickly to try - reviews are somewhat mixed, but reading about it, I'm intrigued as it is one of the very few, built for guitar in mind, SS stereo poweramps @ lower price. Probably under powered for gigging but I don't need that capability
Same here. Just needed for some jamming sessions on cabs. As a matter of fact was able to snatch 1 used on Reverb. Thanks for the suggestion. Like I said that was exactly what I was looking for. Instead of paying 700usd.

Same here. Just needed for some jamming sessions on cabs. As a matter of fact was able to snatch 1 used on Reverb. Thanks for the suggestion. Like I said that was exactly what I was looking for. Instead of paying 700usd.
great - I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it once after a bit of usage.

When I was looking this up recently I was surprised how few smaller stereo poweramps there are. I think the Carvin Mach 100 was one of the few I saw. It looks a lot like the Harley Benton mentioned above.

I am considering building myself something using some of those cheap poweramp PCBs you can buy.

When I was looking this up recently I was surprised how few smaller stereo poweramps there are. I think the Carvin Mach 100 was one of the few I saw. It looks a lot like the Harley Benton mentioned above.

I am considering building myself something using some of those cheap poweramp PCBs you can buy.

That's what I did a couple years ago (or maybe more), I took a stereo Icepower board (125asx2), a case (from ghentaudio) and some connectors and built it myself. A cheap and easy diy project with a great result.

That's what I did a couple years ago (or maybe more), I took a stereo Icepower board (125asx2), a case (from ghentaudio) and some connectors and built it myself. A cheap and easy diy project with a great result.
Did you use any sort of preamp circuit?

Nope, a modeler is already a preamp. The fm9 puts out a low impedance and higher than enough signal to drive any power amp. Just set the output at +4dBV
Yeah, I guess that is true. I have always considered building something with simple JFET preamps, and possibly an EQ.

These Ghentaudio boxes are pretty cool. I havent seen full kits like this before. I will have to look into these more.

I agree. Also bit surprised Fractal has not released a power amp themselves that would perfectly go with their units. Knowing Fractal they would release something awesome.

I agree. Also bit surprised Fractal has not released a power amp themselves that would perfectly go with their units. Knowing Fractal they would release something awesome.
I'm not. Todays SS power amps are bread & butter technology, nothing were FAS could shine in particular.

The Carvin Mach 100 is 1:1 HB

Back
Top Bottom