Implemented Command Z Undo/Re-do

I would love to have the addition of a single level undo/redo.

It would be cool to be able to change a parameter and then have a key command to go back to where it was set as sort of an A/B of an adjustment? For example in Photoshop I can make an adjustment and hit "Command-Z" to undo and then "Command-Z" re-do the adjustment to see the full difference. I think that would be a useful feature in Axe-Edit for A/B-ing cabs, EQ levels (was it too much), an individual effects mix control, etc. Just one level of undo/re-do would be plenty to toggle between.

Thanks

As a work around you can, for example, copy Channel A to Channel B, make the tweak on A, then use the "A" and "B" keys to toggle between the two... if you can't see clear to messing up your channel states and/or have A, B, C, and D all in use and don't want to overwrite one, you could copy to a new block instance, make your tweak, and then use scenes to toggle the engage states of the two blocks to do the A/B'ing... not a perfect, or completely clean, solution I understand, and does require a more leg work on the part of the user, but it does do the trick with functionality that already exists.

The other nice thing about doing it with channels or new instances of the block is you can go wild changing a multitude of parameters, and A/B them w/o having only one level of undo or having to command+z your way back through 10 undo history steps... with all the extra channels, block instances, and CPU in the III it's even more feasible to have the room for this sort of A/B'ing than on the II at least...

Yes, I'm always trying to UNDO something dodgy I just did. I miss that feature terribly.

=============================================
VERSION 1.03.01 August 16, 2019
=============================================
* Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

• Corrected a visual bug in the Picker windows.
  • Updated the help text in the block's parameter editor when the Grid has nothing selected.
  • Modified the block's parameter editor to always show the Preset Block Menu widget.
  • The block parameter editor now has undo/redo support, please see the Block menu for keyboard shortcuts. The undo/redo stack is only valid for the currently selected block. Clicking on a block clears the undo/redo stack. (Feature was added in 1.03.00 but was not included in release notes.)

Back
Top Bottom