Clr vs xitone

Order placed!!! Thanks again Mick. You're the man!!

I got the Johan model. If you ever need another person to name a product after I'm here for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will adore your cab.. I've never written more positive reviews about another product during my career..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what do you mean you use a single cab on the back line? Are you using frfr and traditional cab at the same time?

Max

Do the presets still translate well to FOH? I found that my presets were a lot more accurate in the FOH when I switched to the clr

This is what I'm after as well,... my main goal would be to develop my patches using the powered speaker and hopefully when I use the patch "Live" it will sound like it did when I created it through the powered speaker when it is coming through my IEM's and FOH which both have totally flat EQ's... I would only be using the powered speaker on rare occasions for live monitoring/amp on stage scenarios ..

I have both and both are outstanding. I would agree that the XiTone has a bit more of a cab like quality to it. As far as translating to FOH I would give the slight edge to the CLR's. I had my XiTone's first and soundguys would say they had to roll off some high end that I didn't hear in the XiTone's. Once I got my CLR's I could hear that high end and adjusted my presets accordingly. Since then the soundguys haven't had to make any adjustments. So I keep my 2 CLR's at home to create my presets on and practice with but I gig with my 2 XiTone's. They sound great as my sound onstage and like mentioned already are built like tanks. Perfect for gigging. They are plenty loud too. I use them as backline and have had no issues not being loud enough even on House of Blues size stages.

I have both and the only thing I would add is the CLR does NOT have more low end. The 'thunk' in the more cab like tone in the Xitone is the lows. The CLR has plenty but is more clear and transparent whereas what everyone describes as more 'cab like' tone in the Xitone is a slightly better dynamic high's to lows with a great midrange.
I am super stoked to own the big 3; Freidman asm, CLR Neo and the Xitone (1st 30lb light weight version). The Freidman is way different the other two and the Clr is in the middle so it's a great sounding rig that my neighbors love! :tonguewink:

Last edited:
I have both and the only thing I would add is the CLR does NOT have more low end. The 'thunk' in the more cab like tone in the Xitone is the lows. The CLR has plenty but is more clear and transparent whereas the what everyone describes as more 'cab like' tone in the Xitone is a slightly better dynamic high's to lows with a great midrange.
I am super stoked to own the big 3; Freidman asm, CLR Neo and the Xitone (1st 30lb light weight version). The Freidman is way different the other two and the Clr is in the middle so it's a great sounding rig that my neighbors love! :tonguewink:
I've been trying to decide between the big 3, as you call it and a Line 6 Firehawk 1500. Chad Boston swears by the Firehawk 1500, but I've seen many complaints about hiss and phasing issues on forums. I play shred/metal with my Schecter 9-string. What do you think my best option would be?

I've read that the ASM-12 is great for metal, but some find it to be too dark. Some complained about the CLR not being great for metal and the same deal with Xitone compared to the Friedman.

What do you recommend for 9-string shred/metal? I also have a 7-string electric and a 6-string electro classical guitar. The Firehawk appealed to me because it has Bluetooth. I compose EDM and would love to have my own compositions as backing tracks at open stage performances. The Mission Gemini 2 does this also, but it's crazy expensive and lacks stereo separation compared to two single 12" spaced apart a bit. My modeler has USB, so I can always just stream my EDM via the USB with an iPad.

I'm just looking for the best solution for my purposes. I'd like it to be loud too. There's no point in buying an FRFR if it's not loud enough in a band practice/live performance situation. Any insight you have would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Volume will not be an issue with any of the 3 mentioned. I am not an authority on the best FRFR solution for the low end needed with 7 string metal. You definitely should try to connect with people who can let you demo the gear.

Back
Top Bottom