CLR NEO - Atomic Amps Customer Care Response

Hi, I am in Melbourne Australia. I recently decided to switch from my boutique tube amps & rig to digital modelling. I cannot pull the trigger on this until Atomic Amps' (Tom King) or someone from their sales or support is able to respond and let me now their situation with delivery of Active NEO wedges to their distributor in Australia.

I know at least four musicians in Australia waiting to buy CLRs & the Axe FX 2 XL, but won't until they have a response on the CLR NEO wedges.

Fractal Audio is losing sales because of Atomic Amps' inability to even respond.

Anyone else experiencing this lack of info from Tom and crew ?? Not even an acknowledgement email to customers ! I wonder what FAS would do about this !!:numbness:

Peter

Last edited:
i'm also interested in a pair of neos, but trying to get info about when they might be available in the UK is like trying to get blood out of a stone...

NEO Active Wedges (the only NEO variety we currently make) are only available in the US. We're working hard on making them available elsewhere but have don't have a public time table on that yet.

-TK

Thanx, Tom! Looking forward to that.
It'd be nice if you responded to the request emails with the same info...

NEO Active Wedges (the only NEO variety we currently make) are only available in the US. We're working hard on making them available elsewhere but have don't have a public time table on that yet.

-TK

Thanks for the response Tom. At least now I know and can either wait or look for an alternative solution.

Just know that there are tens of thousands $$$ sales to be had in Australia and worldwide !. I am sure it would be of mutual help to send a communique to your international dealers in Europe and Australia so they can field requests so you don't have to.

Hi, I am in Melbourne Australia. I recently decided to switch from my boutique tube amps & rig to digital modelling. I cannot pull the trigger on this until Atomic Amps' (Tom King) or someone from their sales or support is able to respond and let me now their situation with delivery of Active NEO wedges to their distributor in Australia.

I know at least four musicians in Australia waiting to buy CLRs & the Axe FX 2 XL, but won't until they have a response on the CLR NEO wedges.

Fractal Audio is losing sales because of Atomic Amps' inability to even respond.

Anyone else experiencing this lack of info from Tom and crew ?? Not even an acknowledgement email to customers ! I wonder what FAS would do about this !!:numbness:

Peter

I'm in Europe and will probably "upgrade" my current CLR active wedges to the NEO version if funds allow when and if they become available in Europe.
Having said that the current "standard" CLRs are outstanding and really not that heavy - and certainly not when compared to a tube amp based rig, so if I was you I'd just get on the bandwagon now with an Axe Fx II (XL) and regular CLR(s).
I'd take a standard CLR active wedge over anything else in the price range and 2.5-3 times up any day of the week and twice on sundays.

I'm in Europe and will probably "upgrade" my current CLR active wedges to the NEO version if funds allow when and if they become available in Europe.
Having said that the current "standard" CLRs are outstanding and really not that heavy - and certainly not when compared to a tube amp based rig, so if I was you I'd just get on the bandwagon now with an Axe Fx II (XL) and regular CLR(s).
I'd take a standard CLR active wedge over anything else in the price range and 2.5-3 times up any day of the week and twice on sundays.

Thanks RB. Unfortunately, the distributor in Australia doesn't have any of the (non NEO) active wedges either.
I have no doubt from reading about all the reviews online that the normal active wedges are very good.

I have two bulging lumbar discs (L4 and L5) probably from years of lugging my tube combos to gigs. To alleviate it a couple of years ago I bought probably the lightest boutique Tube Head (Toneking Metropolitan) 19 Kgs (41.8 Lbs) and the matching lightest 2 x 12 Cab (42 Lbs) but my back has got worse. I have since started playing very small restaurant gigs (mainly jazz and blues) using mastered backing tracks. That's why I looked towards the digital modelling rig- An Axe FX XL & one powered wedge would do ! So I think I shall just wait it out.

PS: Tom did respond to my email and confirmed that he and Atomic Amps are working hard to get some international deliveries.

Question: If as above I intend using the Axe FX & One powered wedge (probably two if I can get two NEOs) will the low end / bass in a backing track come out good or for a full rich/warm sound will I still need a passive or powered sub like the very light weight HK Audio Elements System ??

PS: Rocket Brother or anyone else - What might be the high end alternatives to the CLRs that cost 2.5 to 3 times the CLR prices ? Meyer Sound ??

Question: If as above I intend using the Axe FX & One powered wedge (probably two if I can get two NEOs) will the low end / bass in a backing track come out good or for a full rich/warm sound will I still need a passive or powered sub like the very light weight HK Audio Elements System ??

You won't need a sub. The CLRs have PLENTY of bass response.

Thanks RB. Unfortunately, the distributor in Australia doesn't have any of the (non NEO) active wedges either.
I have no doubt from reading about all the reviews online that the normal active wedges are very good.

I have two bulging lumbar discs (L4 and L5) probably from years of lugging my tube combos to gigs. To alleviate it a couple of years ago I bought probably the lightest boutique Tube Head (Toneking Metropolitan) 19 Kgs (41.8 Lbs) and the matching lightest 2 x 12 Cab (42 Lbs) but my back has got worse. I have since started playing very small restaurant gigs (mainly jazz and blues) using mastered backing tracks. That's why I looked towards the digital modelling rig- An Axe FX XL & one powered wedge would do ! So I think I shall just wait it out.

PS: Tom did respond to my email and confirmed that he and Atomic Amps are working hard to get some international deliveries.

I have similar disc issues in L4/5 (disc degeneration) that is currently not hurting me, but it's a matter of time. I can say that lifting the regular CLRs, when my back is an issue, is not fun. I'd love to have the NEO versions for that very reason but I don't have the spare cash to send them off these days. Just my 2 cents coming from a similar situation...

Also, I think you could get away with just 2 CLRs for playing your backing tracks at a gig- it would work if EQ'ed accordingly. But they CLRs sound pretty nice matched up with a sub. Mo money Mo money...

I have similar disc issues in L4/5 (disc degeneration) that is currently not hurting me, but it's a matter of time. I can say that lifting the regular CLRs, when my back is an issue, is not fun. I'd love to have the NEO versions for that very reason but I don't have the spare cash to send them off these days. Just my 2 cents coming from a similar situation...

Also, I think you could get away with just 2 CLRs for playing your backing tracks at a gig- it would work if EQ'ed accordingly. But they CLRs sound pretty nice matched up with a sub. Mo money Mo money...

Hey Hotplate, sorry about your no money predicament. in my case just the opposite i.e. have money, can't get product !

This is the case for most "lifestyle" products in Australia. We are a long way from anywhere with such a low population density that demand outstrips supply resulting in crazy prices if you can get the product.

Which sub have you heard them matched up to.

I have both and the Neo feels significantly lighter. If I had back problems I would only consider the Neo.

PS: Rocket Brother or anyone else - What might be the high end alternatives to the CLRs that cost 2.5 to 3 times the CLR prices ? Meyer Sound ??

Sorry to hear about your back problems.
I've used 2 CLRs as a small PA set many times without a sub, and never once felt that one was needed, so no worries there IMHO.
Alternatives would be Meyer, Martin, DB and L'Accoustic (spelling ?) - but we are talking mucho $$$ and if I remember correctly the ones I've tried were more heavy than the CLRs not lighter. You better check that though as I can't remember exactly.

Use your legs and a small hand cart if it is and option. I work in the physic therapy field and would be happy to help you out if able!

Back
Top Bottom