Closing in on Petrucci lead tone

I just tried the patch and didn't have any luck with it through my setup. It doesn't even sound in the neighborhood of what you recorded. Thanks for posting it though. Shared patches are always appreciated.

That was jaw-dropping good! Fantastic playing. I bought the DT CD after listening to your clip! Thanks for sharing.

+1, was about to post the same thing!

Hah thanks a lot, that's really nice to hear :)

acwild, which IR did you try? Note that I did both tweaking and recording with headphones, so it might sound different on other setups. Maybe try bypassing both the enhancer and the reverb block. I added them because I thought it sounded too boxy, but maybe I was just compensating for not using real monitors. I just found that bypassing those blocks, and experimenting with the Depth control and other advanced parameters actually might sound better.

Hah thanks a lot, that's really nice to hear :)

acwild, which IR did you try? Note that I did both tweaking and recording with headphones, so it might sound different on other setups. Maybe try bypassing both the enhancer and the reverb block. I added them because I thought it sounded too boxy, but maybe I was just compensating for not using real monitors. I just found that bypassing those blocks, and experimenting with the Depth control and other advanced parameters actually might sound better.

I'm listening through monitors with the Ownhammer V30 ir loaded up and using a Les Paul. It sounds very trebly and compressed through my speakers whereas your sample sounds fantastic. I did try messing around with the enhancer and reverb with no luck. My guess is that it's mainly a difference in the gear that we used. Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom