Closest to Boss OS2, Sunn, Cave In?

I have an AF III that is freaking lovely.

I'm also going for some Cave In esque tones, so I'm wondering what would be closest to the following:
Drive block -- Boss OS2
Amp block -- Sunn Model T

I've found some old posts about the Model T, but the links to presets seem to be broken.

Thanks in advance!

Would be great to have a Sunn model t and Matamp model in the AFx3. Kind of unique sounding amps.

You can get a bit close with the RV50 but its much more modern and compressed sounding. Matamps are like plexi-ish I guess. Could probably get close to it with existing stuff but I have no idea how.

Would be great to have a Sunn model t and Matamp model in the AFx3. Kind of unique sounding amps.

You can get a bit close with the RV50 but its much more modern and compressed sounding.
Yeah--I'd love to see more of those. I've owned a Rockerverb and a 70s OR120, and both are very cool but very different from the Sunn sound.

I'm also going for some Cave In esque tones, so I'm wondering what would be closest to the following:
Drive block -- Boss OS2

I've found some old posts about the Model T, but the links to presets seem to be broken.

Thanks in advance!
Brodsky doesnt run the model T for fly gigs and they still sound like them (it was quilters for tid the season). So theres that.

I would try tonestack swaps in various amps. Also the les paul is pretty helpful too.

Drive block -- Boss OS2

Thanks in advance!
Cliff said a long time ago that the JTM45 was the basis for the Sunn.

Then he acquired a Model T years ago, but we heard nothing more about progress of modeling it.

Worth noting that a massive chunk of the cave in tone is the bass. Those guitars probably sound a bit weaker by themselves.

Looking at the schematic, it's an interesting pedal. Looks like a straight clipping diode (symmetrical) distortion circuit ala Distortion Plus or OD-250 and a feedback loop clipping (asymmetrical) overdrive circuit ala Tube Screamer or Boss OD-1 in parallel that can be blended together with the Color knob.

Back
Top Bottom