Clinic using the Axe FX Ultra

Holy shit! Amazing! Marco, you have a new fan here. Not gonna ask you to post the patch though, it won't get me anywhere in the ballpark of being able to pull this off. :D

Marco G.

Secret80'sMan said:
Holy shit! Amazing! Marco, you have a new fan here. Not gonna ask you to post the patch though, it won't get me anywhere in the ballpark of being able to pull this off. :D

Marco G.
The patch is on the Axe Change already, I used the Andromeda Lead patch for almost all the work.

Sixstring said:
Question, was the backing track running through the FR cab's as well?

Yes, the cd player was on the same board/speakers

As I've said before, I generally don't like to watch people play long solos/clinics, but those videos are too short. Fan-fucking-tastic!

Just stunning! I would love to know what his settings are on the Axe. Anyone any ideas? Amp/cab sims etc?

Back when I was (not so) young and foolish about two months ago, I used to think "modellers are OK but they cannot create the full spectrum of harmonics that tubes do" and if you listen to this clip carefully or not carefully you'll see that at least one can.

As Einstein would say " Man that is some bitchin' beautiful tone" and Playing!

I'm really starting to hear some great tones from the Axe- Can it sound that good direct as well ?

I posted the patch above.

The basic tone consists of (from left to right) Tube Drive, FAS Lead 2 amp sim, Parametric EQ (mimicking the on-board Mesa Mark series graphic eq's "Classic V" curve), and the 4x12 Recto stock Cab sim with the E609 mic.

It is always a treat to hear the sound of such effortless playing, and such a natural touch on the instrument. Marcos is a major player with lots of taste to balance the chops! I thought the tone from the AFX was excellent as well ;)

Thanks Shredi. I'm not fond of Axe edit just yet (likely due to my unfamiliarity of it) so I appreciate not having to go thru it to get the patch :)

robertkoa said:
Back when I was (not so) young and foolish about two months ago, I used to think "modellers are OK but they cannot create the full spectrum of harmonics that tubes do" and if you listen to this clip carefully or not carefully you'll see that at least one can.

As Einstein would say " Man that is some bitchin' beautiful tone" and Playing!

I'm really starting to hear some great tones from the Axe- Can it sound that good direct as well ?
That was direct.

Through a small PA and camera mic, but still, basically direct.

Awesome player, that Marco Sfogli guy.

The patch uses the Fusion amp and the Recto1 cab, with a parametricEQ in V-shape in between. Haven't looked closely at its settings but from afar it resembled the MESA EQ settings. Great patch! Recommend it. I turned the drive off, changed the amp to the Corncob, turned down the bass and it is one of my faves now!

Wow. It's not really my cup of tea sound/playing-wise, but it's exceedingly well done. The tone was just awesome, too.

For some reason it made me wonder whether Steve Morse has tried an Axe Fx. His rig/sound runs the gamut of tone from chicken pickin' country to ethereal dreamscapes to deep shred and it would be cool to hear him get it all out of the Axe.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom