Cliff, Matt, et. al - A Serious Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

selta

Power User
This is mostly directed to @FractalAudio and @Admin M@, but of course, open discussion is always welcome.

Line6 is stepping up their game when it comes to bass players. They now have a modeled B7K available, which is *huge*. To say that this is similar to having the Tube Screamer available would not be much of an overstatement. The B7K (and B3k) is a staple pedal among bass players. It's abscence is sorely missed.

In addition, as the Bass Amps Youd Like To See Added thread (http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/bass-amps-youd-like-to-see-added.31067/page-3#post-1467280) shows, there are a lot of bass amps people would love to have.

So, my offer is as such - I am willing to put in ground work - up to and including purchasing and sending FAS if necessary - these staple amps and FX to be modeled. I realize just having gear shipped to you is likely the easy part, so if I can be of service in any other capacity to help make this be a "thing", please, let me know.

I'm in a point in life where I can comfortably offer this, and hope to advance the Fractal product line up, and hey, maybe even give you an appealing edge over Line6 offerings. I know selling to bass players can be difficult - we don't rely on FX nearly as much as guitarists. But there is certainly an opportunity here, and I'm offering anything in my power to push that along.

What say ye?

For what it is worth, here is what the Helix 2.20 update has specifically for us bass players:
- Del Sol 300, based on* the Sunn® Coliseum 300 bass amp
- Woody Blue, based on* the Acoustic® 360 bass amp
- Busy One Ch1, based on* channel 1 of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp
- Busy One Ch2, based on* channel 2 of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp
- Busy One Jump, based on* channel 1 and 2 (jumped) of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp
- 1x12 Del Sol, based on* the Sunn® Coliseum 300 bass cab (12” speaker)
- 1x18 Del Sol, based on* the Sunn® Coliseum 300 bass cab (18” speaker)
- 1x18 Woody Blue, based on* the Acoustic® 360 18” bass cab
- Distortion > Obsidian 7000 (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Darkglass Electronics® Microtubes B7K Ultra bass preamp/overdrive/EQ
- Distortion > Clawthorn Drive (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Wounded Paw Battering Ram bass overdrive

This is *nuts*.

Also, looking through other stuff... the new ZOOM B3n has a B7k emulation, a Trace Elliot model, and Urei 1176/Demeter compressors (h/t @jimfist for pointing those out). So, at least two other companies are starting to ramp things up. I'd honestly much rather stick with Fractal who still, IMO, have the best modeling around. Having the best sports car doesn't mean anything when you need to haul one ton of concrete, though ;)

For what it is worth, here is what the Helix 2.20 update has specifically for us bass players:
- Del Sol 300, based on* the Sunn® Coliseum 300 bass amp
- Woody Blue, based on* the Acoustic® 360 bass amp
- Busy One Ch1, based on* channel 1 of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp
- Busy One Ch2, based on* channel 2 of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp
- Busy One Jump, based on* channel 1 and 2 (jumped) of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp
- 1x12 Del Sol, based on* the Sunn® Coliseum 300 bass cab (12” speaker)
- 1x18 Del Sol, based on* the Sunn® Coliseum 300 bass cab (18” speaker)
- 1x18 Woody Blue, based on* the Acoustic® 360 18” bass cab
- Distortion > Obsidian 7000 (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Darkglass Electronics® Microtubes B7K Ultra bass preamp/overdrive/EQ
- Distortion > Clawthorn Drive (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Wounded Paw Battering Ram bass overdrive

This is *nuts*.

Also, looking through other stuff... the new ZOOM B3n has a B7k emulation, a Trace Elliot model, and Urei 1176/Demeter compressors (h/t @jimfist for pointing those out). So, at least two other companies are starting to ramp things up. I'd honestly much rather stick with Fractal who still, IMO, have the best modeling around. Having the best sports car doesn't mean anything when you need to haul one ton of concrete, though ;)
Was this helix update announced at NAMM? Those guys have truly upped their game. No sign of it online, however.. (yes I got one, used it as mostly a signal router til recently ) Hope you can help FAS with their Bass shit.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the very nice offer. You certainly don't need at all to buy and send us the pedal. We'll start with the B7K. We'll purchase one, model it and add it to our firmware. You can add that to the official "Yes" list if there is one.

We definitely appreciate you bass players holding things down on the low end for all these years while we got all the spotlight and adoration. ;-)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the very nice offer. You certainly don't need at all to buy and send us the pedal. We'll start with the B7K. We'll purchase one, model it and add it to our firmware. You can add that to the official "Yes" list if there is one.

We definitely appreciate you bass players holding things down on the low end for all these years while we got all the spotlight and adoration. ;-)
Exciting :)

Hi guys,

Awesome news - thank you @Admin M@. The offer is still there for future reference, in case there's anything I can do. I'm super encouraged about the B7K getting modeled! :D

wtf.... 3 options of the peace preamp whoa!!! I wanted this preamp sound forever!!! i bought the suncoast b1p just for that pearce growl... amazing work of line6 have to say

Last edited:
vwMin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom