Cliff, is a 100-Tap delay necessary to get this effect?

Delay4Days said:
http://intdevices.com/proaudio/product/show/17/

Give a listen to the second to last clip, "Elec. guitar - MegaDelayMass: up flow 2"
Well, if it isn't Mr Pirali's Intelligent Devices...back from an 8-year pro-audio hiatus (focusing on their secret-agent software i suppose)! Glad to see it. Too bad they were never able to resurrect PARIS. Other DAWs have only recently caught up...EIGHT YEARS LATER. I still wish him the best. Thanks for posting the link! I'll go check out his new stuff...

Still can't get as smooth of an effect as in that clip. I have a feeling the 100 taps are necessary, however it's not something I'll be putting into the "Wish List".

Delay4Days said:
Still can't get as smooth of an effect as in that clip. I have a feeling the 100 taps are necessary, however it's not something I'll be putting into the "Wish List".

Try adding an ADSR or envelope modifier to the ingain of megatap delay. That will keep the initial attack from sounding and smooth things out tremendously.

BTW, I don't think it is the number of taps but the curves which really smooth things out. Also, the 100 tap, has a feedback loop which further smoothes things out. Add the fact that the dry track used already had big delay and reverb on it.

Back
Top Bottom