Cliff, I'm A Patient Guy.........

Something tells me this thread is going to turn into another war...
So here are the next answers :
"
- AxeEdit is free, feel happy to have a version that works with fw6-7
- It's been said it's soon
- It'll be ready when it's ready
- I prefer late and bugfree (doesnt exist)
- Use this time to practice your guitar
- Use this time to practice with front panel editing
- Cliff doesnt owe you anything
- If not happy, buy a kemper or a line6
- Cliff and all the FAS team is hard working on it, complaining wont change anything
- Patience is a virtue
- FAS is the best customer-oriented company i know (seriously), dont give them a reason to stop that
..."

I may forget some statements ;)

The list can be re-used on future identic topics ;)

[phlegm mode on]
Anyway, never a wait has been so long for me, but i never went in jail so, things are relative i bet...
[phlegm mode off]

Last edited:
I get and will always acknowledge the frustration of 'just not knowing' as a Fractal owner wanting all the cool new stuff... and feel for the way it can gnaw at you.

I will just point out early enough in this thread that there is a very determined effort by all hands in order to make this all come together and no one is working harder at it than Cliff.

I'll stick my nose out and say this (though I might get in trouble); for as hard as Cliff and everyone behind the scenes has worked since this all started (and I've been around since 2007), I've never seen the level of intensity, focus and plain hard work on what is going on behind the scenes right now. I know this firsthand. Having said that, I am shutting up.

I can't believe you missed the " We're on the home straight " now posted by Cliff recently.
And as for the long wait ( again, am sure this isn't going to be a revelation ;) ) :

The small gaps between the firmwares which turned out to be huge leaps in sound quality, extra amps / pedals / TM and 9 FW's in a year and a half not forgetting the .01 / .02 / b revisions have proven not only does Cliff and co release amazing stuff for free, it also means they don't release sh*t.
If it takes this long to make sure the product is stellar at no extra cost to us ( and let's face it, AE works fine on FW7 which sounds amazing which is a perfectly good workaround for now ) then all this means is they've taken the time to note what the customers disliked and are doing their level best to fix it and keeping those nice new amps coming our way all at the same time - for free.
Given the time it's taken it's a safe bet when released it's going to blow us all away and then some.
Surely that's worth waiting for ?

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be tongue in cheek, but what is the point of this thread? Do you think Fractal is taking its sweet time? I hope the next version takes another 2 months to come out so I can see more whining and complaining about free gifts given to us by Fractal.

Don't you think threads like this are discouraging to them? If I saw so many unappreciative people I would give up.

People complained that new firmware shouldn't be released without a working axe edit, and guess what? It seems they got their wish. Now they complain even more!

If you "need" axe edit, go back to 7.x. If you have problems at your gig with 9.x beta, you shouldn't have installed the beta! Go back to 8.x.

Call me and others "fanboys" or whatever other tough guy Internet words you have... Just show Cliff and the team some respect!

I assume by the "lol" in the first post that this is meant to be taken lightly.

I for one would love any little tidbit cliff could post :D

I am patiently waiting...

I get and will always acknowledge the frustration of 'just not knowing' as a Fractal owner wanting all the cool new stuff... and feel for the way it can gnaw at you.

I will just point out early enough in this thread that there is a very determined effort by all hands in order to make this all come together and no one is working harder at it than Cliff.

I'll stick my nose out and say this (though I might get in trouble); for as hard as Cliff and everyone behind the scenes has worked since this all started (and I've been around since 2007), I've never seen the level of intensity, focus and plain hard work on what is going on behind the scenes right now. I know this firsthand. Having said that, I am shutting up.

I have nothing more to add except, Scott- have you considered growing a moustache?
I'd like to see you sport one- you'd look like Tony Levin.

scott-peterson.gif
+ moustache =

tony-levin_4.jpg

Waistcoat too thanks.

OP - I know you mean no harm or anything like that.. but we just gotta let FAS do their thing..
I'm sure that everyone, FAS included wants the next drop to release as soon as poss etc...
the very fact that FAS deliver us lot Christmas on pretty much a monthly basis is quite a thing..
but we shouldn't just expect stuff... that's not nice..
and ok.. Axe-Edit went a bit nuts.. but it's being looked at...

but jeez...
even though it's most likely meant in jest...
the title of this thread made me cringe...

until the next fw drop...
I'm just going to crack on working with what I have...
completely confident in the knowledge that what sits in my rack today, just as it is right now..
is a unit that is truely world class...
and if the next FW drop don't come until mid 2013.. I doubt I'd notice or worry to be honest..

this is the last time I'll read / post in this one...
I'm gonna stay well clear...

I may be in the minority, but I kind of dig the anticipation.

It gets me excited about spending some time with the AxeFx when the drop finally happens.

Richard

I know we live in America, and I'm grateful for the (remaining) rights we enjoy, but I think it's time some enterprising mod starts deleting these kinds of threads the minute they pop up.

As Chris stated, these seemingly endless harassments are not doing anyone any good, and may possibly be detrimental to us as a whole.

joking aside I hope FAS doesn't really care about the whining posts and keeps on doing its "thing". There will allways be people that don't understand the hard work behind this and how lucky FAS costumers are.

Back
Top Bottom