Cliff, Get rid of the older firmware modeling options to free up space!!

Older firmware modeling option

• Remove it. I can live without it.

Votes: 398 94.3%
  • Leave it. I have to have it.

Votes: 24 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irregardless (not a real word) of what happens next I will say that without a doubt I learned more about amps, cabs, effects and al these parameters, what they do, when to use them, and learned more from iaresee, Simeon, Chris@AxeFXTutorials, Cooper Carter, Yek, Scott (in no particular order and the list goes on and on) since December 2012 when I bought my first (because certainly not my last) Fractal than I had in my previous 20 years of guitar playing. I'd never even heard of a Dumble or knew what an IR was before I got into this.

Nothing but love and thanks.

Still basing your "new AFIII in one year" statement on a fiction, right?

Why don't you back off and stop being so aggressive? That is what I would suggest as an Ex Admin and Moderator to larger forums than this one, you should be neutral when putting in your 2 cents, and it's clear your bias is making you aggressive and starting to agitate people, you really want to cause more of that really? I and probably everyone get's your point, but your point doesn't change others points in the least, it's just one small tiny, tiny very tiny point in a mix of many points, stop acting like your point is any more valid than those who don't agree with you.

Why don't you back off and stop being so aggressive? That is what I would suggest as an Ex Admin and Moderator to larger forums than this one, you should be neutral when putting in your 2 cents, and it's clear your bias is making you aggressive and starting to agitate people, you really want to cause more of that really? I and probably everyone get's your point, but your point doesn't change others points in the least, it's just one small tiny, tiny very tiny point in a mix of many points, stop acting like your point is any more valid than those who don't agree with you.
@ConnorGilks and I were having a conversation. You are free to ignore it if it bothers you.

Too hard - Way too hard... I'd be languishing with a crappy little amp and speaker for years!
Pauly

Roll it all back to just a Fender Champ Amp Model and the 1x6 Oval IR.

You have to "earn" more features by accomplishing a set of musical tests.

E.g. You get your first Marshall Amp Model activated when you can accurately play the rhythm guitar part to Aerosmith's Walk This Way

The differing tones.
Tone is entirely subjective; you can't hear me speak when you read the words I've written.

i may be terse, but I haven't been rude. I haven't called you names. I haven't told you do anything untoward. I questioned your assertions, but we all don't have to hold the same beliefs to have a conversation, do we? That'd be a pretty boring discussion forum if that was the case. We're not even obligated to eventually agree on anything we're talking about. That doesn't mean we haven't had a conversation or that it was even unenjoyable or not worthwhile.

... you can't hear me speak when you read the words I've written.

Perhaps taking that into consideration in your responses might be worthwhile then. Especially when multiple people are interpreting it as attitude from someone who works with a company they want to give money to. I believe that's what @laughyouraxeoff was trying to say as well. I'm sure you wouldn't want to give customers the wrong idea.

Last edited:
Yeah - I got an AXE FX11 for bass, and then bought another (XL+) for guitar - The $$$ is bloody hard however the fractal ethos is (IMHO) worth every penny. The saving grace is that the prices for second hand units are not that far from a new one... So.. Instead of shelling out $3,978.51 (yes that is the exact new price of a new XL+ here in the wonderful land of Oz), you'd be selling your second hand unit for (say) 2.5k and spending that plus a grand or so on a new unit - and getting a bunch more space and features in the process.

At least they 'aint like a 3 year old PC that you couldn't even give away!

Thanks
Pauly

Absolutely. I basically got the Axe FX 2 when I first started playing guitar (almost), and more than anything else the Axe FX and playing with the new amp models and modelling updates as they came out kept me going with learning guitar. Losing that element would be quite significant for me.

@ConnorGilks and I were having a conversation. You are free to ignore it if it bothers you.

I am having one with you and you seem to not understand that. What kind of response was that? Was trying to help you keep things calm, but you quickly know how to agitate people, quickly, to quick imho. I was hoping you would take my experience as an Admin/Mod to heart hell I ran a very popular IRC channel for years too, point is I get your position, but you're missing the customers and that is going to piss a lot of people off just a warning unless you think Cliff likes pissing off people who were calm? I was trying to help you be above it all, but you just can't take my advice. I can tell you right now that Cliff hates having people get overly agitated when there is no need, and yet here you are pissing off people who were calm. How about you go to another thread and let someone else handle this one?

...just have a vote on which single additional Firmware is worth keeping, from Q2 to before where we are now I guess, and give them that one freakin' F/W, and make all of the other users lose upgradeability early, but not THAT freakin' early.

Just sort of kidding. You know. Sort of.

(ducks and runs away to avoid being struck by the F/W with the most lethal power chords).

Perhaps taking that into consideration in your responses might be worthwhile then. Especially when multiple people are interpreting it as attitude from someone who works with a company they want to give money to. I believe that's what @laughyouraxeoff was trying to say as well. I'm sure you wouldn't want to give customers the wrong idea.

I am having one with you and you seem to not understand that. What kind of response was that? Was trying to help you keep things calm, but you quickly know how to agitate people, quickly, to quick imho. I was hoping you would take my experience as an Admin/Mod to heart hell I ran a very popular IRC channel for years too, point is I get your position, but you're missing the customers and that is going to piss a lot of people off just a warning unless you think Cliff likes pissing off people who were calm? I was trying to help you be above it all, but you just can't take my advice. I can tell you right now that Cliff hates having people get overly agitated when there is no need, and yet here you are pissing off people who were calm. How about you go to another thread and let someone else handle this one?
7yeDRtRBk6DpC.gif

I feel like their is a division coming in the 'community' between MK1/2 and XL owners because of this and that is not a good thing. I voted that I can live without the FW modelling options. Not at the cost of having no more possible updates. I have a MK1. I would never buy an XL for that and would wait for an Axe fx III. I see no point in investing that much money for an XL and then maybe after a year the Axe fx III is coming.

I don't care for guitar amp updates (only for bass amps I do) but I can see some improvements in the effects section. Neither effects or bass stuff has priority for FAS judging from the updates from the last one and a half years or so. That's why I lost interest in FW updating. But who knows what the future will bring.

Last edited:
This isn't 100% a response to your comment here.

In Australia the XL+ is $3950 or so ( http://shop.independentmusic.com.au/axe-fx-ii-xl/ ). I can maybe sell my Mk1 for $2200? I can't see many for sale here, so I'm not sure. So I'd need to spend 1750$ or so to keep the firmware updates coming. I don't need the hardware changes in the XL or XL+, otherwise I would have gotten one already. The processing power is all I care about as regards the hardware, more or less.

I know..
This is way i will be happy with my "vintage Axe Fx II (mark I)

As i will not pay 1750 dollar for the option to have Firmware Updates anymore. My Axe Fx II is just as nice as the XL+.
I will make some killer Presets (that will not change.. becuse of new FW) It will stay the same,next day..weeks..year :)
We have the best Black box in the world.

This is kind of a blessing. I freek`d out the same day ,i read that cliff said,that it was full. I was like.. what now... I dont have a Job.. i live in a 1 room apatment,i have a kid.. my mind was a mess.. lol. And all of this ..over Firmware :)

I now have peace in my mind ;)

Next pice of gear... The Axe Fx III !!

Hurry up FAS.. Make me a new Box to play with

i may be terse, but I haven't been rude.

Way are you terse ?

We are about to bury our Axe Fx..
Dont you get that ? That some folks.. are a bit off these days..and feel the need to ask,and hoping..for still some life?

I`m all good by the way :)

You Have the XL.. smile,and help folks ;)

I feel like their is a division coming in the 'community' between MK1/2 and XL owners because of this and that is not a good thing.

I don´t think that all MK1/2 owners are complaining, nor all the XL owners.

This started as a suggestion to Cliff, let´s remember that. If some people are taking this issue personally, bad for them.

I´m a Mark II owner, and i´m sure Cliff and FAS are doing their best to avoid stopping the updates. If there´s a solution, perfect, and if there isn´t one that´s ok, but i´m not gonna be angry with FAS or with other costumers about it.

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom