Cliff/FAS Building an amp from viirtual

garyrogue

Inspired
Hi
I wonder if Cliff FAS team would be wiling/could put together a amp just knowing the circuit using their virtual section/components of amps? It would save the expense of shipping amps to him. My case I would like a Marshall 45/100, or a Germino Monterey. Also a Germino club 40 and Filmore (Love Germino builds). I just don't have the knowledge of how to change sections/tweaks to get there starting with close amp model. Right, there is always the ear. I know they did that with some amps, the FAS series. Do you need the actual amp in hand, which, of course is probably best?
thanks Gary

We can get really close with a perfectly accurate schematic but the schematic needs to indicate things that aren't usually indicated: voltages, OT primary Z, pot tapers, etc. The actual amp is required to get a perfect match.
with a perfect schematic and phisical amp will you make a perfect clone of That amp or a perfect on paper version of that model?

First want to say that the new firmware is great! Obviously everyone is going crazy for it.

I noticed the G3 stamp after each G3'd amp has been taken away. It made me wonder if the whole Quantum algorithms replaced the G3 idea, or what.

I'm also curious about the Splawn Nitrus. This amp seems dark enough to where you need a lot of Presence boost to have it sit decently in a mix. Is the real amp dark like this, or possible bug?

Everything else sounds incredible though! Thank you for all the incredible things you guys do!

First want to say that the new firmware is great! Obviously everyone is going crazy for it.

I noticed the G3 stamp after each G3'd amp has been taken away. It made me wonder if the whole Quantum algorithms replaced the G3 idea, or what.

I'm also curious about the Splawn Nitrus. This amp seems dark enough to where you need a lot of Presence boost to have it sit decently in a mix. Is the real amp dark like this, or possible bug?

Everything else sounds incredible though! Thank you for all the incredible things you guys do!

Back
Top Bottom