Cliff & Crew, have you contacted Redwirez about UltraRes™?

Gamedojo

Power User
Title says it.

Its nice that Ownhammer has UltraRes™, but I'm probably a minority here that doesn't really like the sound of any of the OH cabs. I personally find them to be stiff and harsh sounding compared to the Redwirez cabs I've used from the beginning. (Note, I don't play the hard/heavy metal type tones lots of guys play and I can definitely see the benifit of OH's cabs for this type sound...its just not me, so please do not try to defend OH, they are just not my cup of tea.)

Any conversation to Redwirez about their cab IRs?

I'm with you. I used the Ownhammer for a while, but now I'm back to the Redwirez. I spent a solid weekend testing and comparing and found a RW recipe I'm super happy with. I just can't find the equivalent to it in the OH collection.

It looks like the raw WAV files are 110 ms or so, at least for the cabs I've been using. It's not quite the length that's been talked about for UlraRes, but it may be enough to make a noticeable difference. If that's the case, their files are already long enough. I'm anxiously awaiting the updated Cab Lab to try them out.

i have some redwirez myself. I'd think we're SOL. They'll probably sell new ones that are long enough..

Your RW AXE FX II factory cab #43 is a killer Sir! :)

I would really loooooove to hear that in UltraRes! :encouragement:

I love the Redwirez stuff myself and have the whole collection but there is no doubt in my mind that the studio mix libraries from OH are superior for getting a mix ready tone fast. The SP mixes are incredible.

I've sent some demos to bands that I'm auditioning for and the first question that 2 of them asked was "holy crap, did you go into a studio to do this demo"?

And my reply?

"Nah. Just something I knocked together at home in an hour"

Speaks for itself.

I would be incredibly happy if RW update their Big Box collection with 170ms IR's and even mix ready IR's like OH have.

Happy to support Fractal and OH by buying the UltraRes cab pack.... Which I have done.

But agree, would love to have the cabs of RedWirez as they have some great vintage vibe going on.... Again happy to support RW and own all their stuff...great IR's

Hi guys,

Been a long time. I've started the process of crafting longer IRs. We do have the data, but technical aspects of UltraRes format require us to edit and process from scratch, so it'll be a while.

I'm going to start with the Marshall 1960 Greenback cab and see if folks can hear a difference. Then we'll go from there. I'm not sure yet how we'll end up releasing the longer IRs. It all seems a bit nebulous right now. I'm still going through the gazillion page threads around this topic, trying to get the lay of the land. I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks for your support.

--mike

Thanks Mike,

My favorite IRs are a mix of the MarkIIC_EV12L and MarkIIC_MS12 (great old Boogie sound) and the VoxAC30Silvers which make everything sound great.

Look forward to future releases, until then I'll be sticking with these IRs.

I'm going to start with the Marshall 1960 Greenback cab and see if folks can hear a difference. Then we'll go from there. I'm not sure yet how we'll end up releasing the longer IRs.

I have the complete RW IR packs and would really like to try out UltraRes versions. That cab would be a great place to start...I'll keep a watch out for announcements, etc. FWIW, I'd prefer to have the .wav files and convert them with Cab Lab once it supports the format.

I have the complete RW IR packs and would really like to try out UltraRes versions. That cab would be a great place to start...I'll keep a watch out for announcements, etc. FWIW, I'd prefer to have the .wav files and convert them with Cab Lab once it supports the format.

+1

I love mixing the R121, SM57 and TC30 IRs so wav files are fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom