Cliff, can you get RJM the Midi spec he needs?

There were pictures and some info on the FAMC forum a while ago but then Jeff's son got really sick and Jeff didn't have time for his business, which is understandable except he just disappeared and didn't let anyone know what was going one, so there were a lot of of upset posts on the forum and after Jeff's son recovered and Jeff got back to his business, he deleted most of the posts including all the info about the X-Series.

At one point he said he had demo videos of the X-Series but his hard drive died and lost them all and another time he said he had 300 X-Series ready to be shipped but he wanted to make some last minute changes to them to make them even better. I think they were wireless and each footswitch LCD screen could load text and pictures.

I'm sure if he ever releases it, it will be the best priced MFC on the market.

Since Jeff has been back he has gone out of his way to help me get my LF+ 12+ and PRO+ working 100% the way I wanted it to. He also gave me a great deal on a Button Expander BE2 w/ Colored Button CAPS because my LF+ 12+ has the silent switches which won't work for Tap Tempo.

Just to add to GMB's post above. Jeff has been dealing with this issue since the first + series came out. A while ago for sure. Not excuses, but perhaps it will help those that do not know him to kind of understand why FAMC has it's ups and downs. Just sayin............

Interesting. That does explain a bit. I had noticed that FAMC seems to have had issues occasionally (just from seeing posts about it). That said, I've never had any problem getting in touch with support, and they've always been helpful.

Last edited:
Doesn’t seem too daunting to get the midi up and running by hand. Ron’s Axe-Fx mode sure did make life simple getting all the presets and names at a buttons press but it can all be done the old fashioned way either through the editor or by a couple hundred button presses until it’s up and running.

Doesn’t seem too daunting to get the midi up and running by hand. Ron’s Axe-Fx mode sure did make life simple getting all the presets and names at a buttons press but it can all be done the old fashioned way either through the editor or by a couple hundred button presses until it’s up and running.

Not sysex, though. The tuner stuff and pedal states I don't think can be done manually.

Not sysex, though. The tuner stuff and pedal states I don't think can be done manually.

That’s my understanding as well. But back in the day that was all handled by the board with presets anyway. Button states and tuner on/off can all be sent and viewed from the board (in a preset config, not scenes) it would just be the state the board is in not what the AxeFx is reporting them to be in (which if the midi is working properly should be the same) Maybe not ideal but still workable and most importantly gig-able until the ideal solution is up. I’m in the RJM camp as well with the GT22 so I look forward to Ron making this smooth as butter, but with his editor the intermediary solution won’t be too difficult. My plan is to continue to use scenes so it’ll be six scene buttons and a handful of IA’s along with bank up/down etc. That should get me through for a while.

I have everything working minus the two way midi, so no tuner on board, no patch names, no effect states.

Last edited:

Yes and Jeff did it first.....Just sayin. ;)

Understood. I had Jeff’s LF Pro early in its release but this post was about the RJM board.

I don't know. It is about a 3rd party midi controller. I didn't think it prudent to start another thread about the LF+ series asking for the same consideration. They both are excellent midi controllers with LCD's.

There were pictures and some info on the FAMC forum a while ago but then Jeff's son got really sick and Jeff didn't have time for his business, which is understandable except he just disappeared and didn't let anyone know what was going one, so there were a lot of of upset posts on the forum and after Jeff's son recovered and Jeff got back to his business, he deleted most of the posts including all the info about the X-Series.

At one point he said he had demo videos of the X-Series but his hard drive died and lost them all and another time he said he had 300 X-Series ready to be shipped but he wanted to make some last minute changes to them to make them even better. I think they were wireless and each footswitch LCD screen could load text and pictures.

I'm sure if he ever releases it, it will be the best priced MFC on the market.

Since Jeff has been back he has gone out of his way to help me get my LF+ 12+ and PRO+ working 100% the way I wanted it to. He also gave me a great deal on a Button Expander BE2 w/ Colored Button CAPS because my LF+ 12+ has the silent switches which won't work for Tap Tempo.

Just to add to GMB's post above. Jeff has been dealing with this issue since the first + series came out. A while ago for sure. Not excuses, but perhaps it will help those that do not know him to kind of understand why FAMC has it's ups and downs. Just sayin............

Everybody can sympathize with a guy who has a sick child, I really feel for him on that account, and have only just learned about this issue - but the problem is he disappears frequently, is on-off (mostly off) in his service and cuts communication repeatedly and doesn't follow up - also when there is no health issues.

I was on the wait list for the Liquid Foot board that was before the LF+12 series, and Jeff made a royal mess of it and never delivered. Despite that (guess I'm really stupid and trusting) I ordered 2 LF+12+ controllers from Jeff after he promised to make it right for me, he even wrote in a mail (direct quote from Jeff) "No more crap service for you"
I bought them for a rig for an upcoming tour, but had to buy another manufactures midi boards, as the LF+12+'s were delivered faulty, among other things a foot switch didn't work, some of the nuts for the exp jack ins were missing which is a problem since they help hold the internals in place - mailed Jeff about it, lots of promisses about him sending replacements parts, never happened !!
After a while I mailed him again, he said the parts were ready to ship but that he lost my address (it was in the mail he replied to), pointed out where the address was and even re-wrote it for him, still no parts nor communication.
Next time I contacted FAMC a service guy told me they had no record of me not getting the parts and that he would talk to Jeff about it and get back to me, didn't get back to me.
I live in Europe so sending them back is not simple because of cost, VAT, taxes and so on, so as I was going to the US for a studio stint I contacted FAMC again and proposed taking them with me to the US and sending them in, if they would promise to fix them and turn them back around before I left for Europe again, they said sure but don't bring or send in before you hear back from us - never heard back.

The fact that Jeff and his service guy says, that if you say anything negative about their service online then they won't help you at all both very bad form on their part.
I haven't spoken publicly nor posted about this before as I don't wish bad things for Jeff and have tried to get them to work in out and make it right for me - but the fact is that he has taken my money and still owns me a working product and he doesn't seem to care one bit about it.

So I bought and paid 2000 $ for 2 LF+12+'s more than 6 year ago, and they have still not delivered a working product to me despite me contacting them in a very respectful manor many times - I find that inexcusable regardless of his issues !!

Everybody can sympathize with a guy who has a sick child, I really feel for him on that account, and have only just learned about this issue - but the problem is he disappears frequently, is on-off (mostly off) in his service and cuts communication repeatedly and doesn't follow up - also when there is no health issues.

I was on the wait list for the Liquid Foot board that was before the LF+12 series, and Jeff made a royal mess of it and never delivered. Despite that (guess I'm really stupid and trusting) I ordered 2 LF+12+ controllers from Jeff after he promised to make it right for me, he even wrote in a mail (direct quote from Jeff) "No more crap service for you"
I bought them for a rig for an upcoming tour, but had to buy another manufactures midi boards, as the LF+12+'s were delivered faulty, among other things a foot switch didn't work, some of the nuts for the exp jack ins were missing which is a problem since they help hold the internals in place - mailed Jeff about it, lots of promisses about him sending replacements parts, never happened !!
After a while I mailed him again, he said the parts were ready to ship but that he lost my address (it was in the mail he replied to), pointed out where the address was and even re-wrote it for him, still no parts nor communication.
Next time I contacted FAMC a service guy told me they had no record of me not getting the parts and that he would talk to Jeff about it and get back to me, didn't get back to me.
I live in Europe so sending them back is not simple because of cost, VAT, taxes and so on, so as I was going to the US for a studio stint I contacted FAMC again and proposed taking them with me to the US and sending them in, if they would promise to fix them and turn them back around before I left for Europe again, they said sure but don't bring or send in before you hear back from us - never heard back.

The fact that Jeff and his service guy says, that if you say anything negative about their service online then they won't help you at all both very bad form on their part.
I haven't spoken publicly nor posted about this before as I don't wish bad things for Jeff and have tried to get them to work in out and make it right for me - but the fact is that he has taken my money and still owns me a working product and he doesn't seem to care one bit about it.

So I bought and paid 2000 $ for 2 LF+12+'s more than 6 year ago, and they have still not delivered a working product to me despite me contacting them in a very respectful manor many times - I find that inexcusable regardless of his issues !!

I had very similar issues but Jeff finally made everything right with me a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom