Cliff and/or the team: can you confirm that something strange is going on with V10?

axes

Experienced
I've found my way around with V10(.02) and despite of tone matching which still doesn't seem to work as it used to be for me, it seems like that I'm free of the common odd happenings that many people are experiencing.
Nevertheless, I guess it would be favorable for all of us to know if you, the FAS team have found out anything about the core of the issues like getting different kinds of tonal results when reinstalling the FW or reloading the presets, etc.
I have no doubts about things getting fixed in new firmware releases but it would be nice to know if you guys have found anything odd or even have confirmed the origins of these strange happenings. I guess it would be quite a chill if you gave us a little insight on what's going on in FAS-world regarding these oddities.
Thank you :)

There's something strange going on with FW v10? The only strange things happening to me are that my tones are better.

I think you need to be a tad more specific.

If you reload your firmware - the exact same firmware - your presets sound different?

I think you need to be a tad more specific.

If you reload your firmware - the exact same firmware - your presets sound different?

As I said, I'm happily free of these issues, however, there are many people wondering if something is going because yes, what you're saying is essentially what's happening to some.

As I said, I'm happily free of these issues, however, there are many people wondering if something is going because yes, what you're saying is essentially what's happening to some.

System and parameter resets are recommended anytime you update to a new firmware. I believe its on a sticky, and definitely on the wiki.

System and parameter resets are recommended anytime you update to a new firmware. I believe its on a sticky, and definitely on the wiki.

Indeed, however, for some people after doing everything it's still obvious that something is not right.

I cannot confirm this. There are some reports of weird things happening but we have not seen this nor have any of the beta testers. I would not call these occurrences "common".

I had some wacky behavior happen with 10.00. The display screen went crazy once with random characters and configurations (the Tuner's "Magic 8-Ball" was on the left side of the screen instead of the right for example) and the Axe-Fx would often freeze when I went to certain user presets (I presumed these had become "broken" somehow).

Everything has been fine since installing 10.02, though I have yet to give the Tone-Match another try.

I cannot confirm this. There are some reports of weird things happening but we have not seen this nor have any of the beta testers. I would not call these occurrences "common".

My only issue with 10.02 is the TM, and it seems the OP here has also noticed the TM not being as good as before so yet another user added to the list!!!! Not everyone TM's, and specially not everyone who TM's are doing it using isolated tracks. Some are using their mic's and cabs, so again that would reduce the amount of users having issues even more. I'd like to see a poll made that asked "Do you Tm using isolated tracks? Have you noticed any issues with TM in 10.02?" That would show how common it was for people who do TM'ing in that way. This Tm'ing issue is not going to have the same amount of complaints as say the "tuner would" as I am betting that less users who are on this forum TM with Isolated Tracks than use a function like the tuner.

Last edited:
many of these occurrences clear up when the user uploads the new firmware with Fractal-Bot instead of Axe-Edit for most of the issues i've read about. i have not experienced any issues.

My only issue with 10.02 is the TM, and it seems the OP here has also noticed the TM not being as good as before so yet another user added to the list!!!! Not everyone TM's, and specially not everyone who TM's are doing it using isolated tracks. Some are using their mic's and cabs, so again that would reduce the amount of users having issues even more. I'd like to see a poll made that asked "Do you Tm using isolated tracks? Have you noticed any issues with TM in 10.02?" That would show how common it was for people who do TM'ing in that way. This Tm'ing issue is not going to have the same amount of complaints as say the "tuner would" as I am betting that less users who are on this forum TM with Isolated Tracks than use a function like the tuner.

I haven't spent a ton of time analyzing this, but based on what I've seen on the forum I think that Tone Matching issues might be attached to those of us who are trying to tone match recordings versus tone matching a tube amp rig, etc. I might be wrong on that but so far that is what I've gathered.

I haven't spent a ton of time analyzing this, but based on what I've seen on the forum I think that Tone Matching issues might be attached to those of us who are trying to tone match recordings versus tone matching a tube amp rig, etc. I might be wrong on that but so far that is what I've gathered.

Yeah that is what I have been seeing as well. My recordings are Isolated tracks, that are top notch quality, and these tracks that I am TM'ing don't have a ton of effects either. Been doing the TM for years now. Use to do it the old fashion way using the Ultra -> Daw -> Izotope, with Full success after doing it only a few times!!!!

When I purchased the Axe II, it was a bit better than when I did it with my Ultra so I was pleased, I had firmware 7. Didn't upgrade because of the editor issues. So then 10.00 came out, the editor kind of worked with it, but I said well it's time I"ll upgrade, i get there and the 10.00 had major TM issues. So now we are at 10.02, and the TM is better than 10.00, but it's not as good as it use to be, though I am told by Fractal and their team that it's been improved. I just can't figure out how when it's just not as accurate.

If they would get an editor what works with 7 or 9.00 or 9.02 I'd go back to those firmwares and not worry about it. But as we sit, 7 and the editor worked but not that well, and 9.00 seems to not even have an editor, and TM does not work right when doing it against recordings, it does work, just not as good, it's worse bottom line. Everything else with 10.02 is working for me. So Cliff, if you are not able to get it fixed because you don't think there is an issue, how about we get an editor that works with all versions of the Firmwares for the Axe II, so users can go back to another version without being without the tools that expected to use and have? I'd be 100% happy to go back to any firmware that had TM working like it use too, with an Editor that functions!!!

My AxeFx2 is upside down and everything is backwards?

Wait a minute

Who put my rack upside down

My axefx2 V10 is working Great! I uploaded everything with fractal both i edited my patches with axe edit and saved on the axe. I moved patches around added patches w/ axe manage and saved on the axe. Got intelligent Harmonys down. Next

many of these occurrences clear up when the user uploads the new firmware with Fractal-Bot instead of Axe-Edit for most of the issues i've read about. i have not experienced any issues.

Thanks but I'm not a newb. I did use Fractal Bot. My unit is still under warranty, maybe I pay to ship it to Cliff and he can fix it to work right, or send me a unit that works with 10.02 with the TM and everything else?

i didn't say anyone was a newb.

Hey Chris, I'm so sorry if I hurt your feelings, You did explain how you updated it with the bot, and I assumed you were talking to anyone in this thread with a problem that doing so caused the clearing up of any issues, well guess what? You're wrong, maybe in your case but not here Chris. It is not the fix for me so thanks for your input!!!!

Btw you're going on ignore, though you have done some great vids, and are helpful to newb's. I'm not a newb, and your post here is a slight towards someone having clear issues that has done EVERYTHING that one is suppose to do.

Maybe Cliff could make a list here and now of everything one is suppose to do to get this 10.02 to work right on a Axe II that was purchased last summer. I will follow it very very carefully. If that fails, then I'd like to have him offer to let me pay shipping to send it in and he can figure it out, if it's user error though under warranty he can charge me still!!!!!, I don't want to visit this forum with complaints over crap that seems should be working and is for most now that things were fixed in 10.02. And I sure don't want to hear how you or someone else did exactly what I did and have no issues. I just want TM to work as good as it use to.

Last edited:
Thanks but I'm not a newb. I did use Fractal Bot. My unit is still under warranty, maybe I pay to ship it to Cliff and he can fix it to work right, or send me a unit that works with 10.02 with the TM and everything else?

I'm in the same boat as you, and feel the same way as you do.

@feedback... You know the history of AE and you also know a new version is being addressed and there is a Diary thread now that will keep you updated so there really isn't much more to say about that. It's all on the table.

With respect to TM you keep saying 10.02 isn't as good as it used to be and not as accurate. Can you be more specific? Can you post some clips you did with older FW versions and then newer versions to help describe what your talking about? It would help others to help you and diagnose what may or may not be an issue. People here are more than happy to help out but you are going to have to also understand that others may do the same thing you do and have what they feel are great results. Maybe the very same results that sound great to them don't to you. We all have different ears. I don't tone match much but some here are really good at it so if you provide examples and expand on what's different for you other than generalities like "its not as good as it used to be" people can hopefully help you figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom